Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season in Morzine/Avoriaz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if there is already a post for this.

I am looking to do a season in Morzine, and hoping to go to Avoriaz often (the snow parks looks sick). Does anyone know how difficult it is to get from Morzine to Avoriaz and how long it takes:
-I know there is the Morzine super lift that takes 10 mins to get you up one point, but than it looks like you have to take more lifts.
-what about the buses? - and how long do they run on for in the evening?
- Is it possible to get stuck at Aoriaz say you went for a drink after skiing?
- How long is the bus journey from Avoriaz to Morzine?

Also what is the season like in Morzine/Avoriaz? I done a season in Meribel and stay at Las Allues, and hope Morzine is kinda like Les Allues/Meribel:
-found that awesome
-Las Allues to Meribel was lots of a lift and regular bus up and down.
-the DC park was good and links to the rest of the 3 vallees was easy.[/list]

Thanks Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@cedricpoon, it's not difficult and you'll find all bus times, etc. on the Morzine and PdS.

The season is hopefully wintery.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name Thanks actually did you know what last season was like snow wise. Meribel area was crap, I heard Avoriaz has it own weird micro weather and switz snow how true is that?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@cedricpoon, here is a daily update of the snow condtions in the PDS last season http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126759&start=280 In summary, it wasnt one of the best, However Tuesday 7th March was something else.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You've got several option to go to Avoriaz from Morzine: either you can take the gondola from the centre of Morzine and then a couple of chair lifts and blue runs take you to Avoriaz or you can take the free bus to the Prodains gondola which takes you to centre of Avoriaz. From memory that gondola is open until 7:00pm most days and midnight on weekends. You can ski down to the gondola so no need to take it to go down (unless it's dark or you've had a few too many drinks to ski.)

The free bus probably stops around 6:00pm but you can check the times online.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or you can get round to Ardent by bus, take the gondola up to Lindarets (above the goat village) and then one high speed chair (you have a choice of two) up to the ridge above Avoriaz.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@cedricpoon, last season was not great really anywhere in the Haute Savoie.

My impression from frequent visits is that Les Gets/Morzine/Avoriaz does have some more precipitation at mid-lower levels than say, Chamonix, as it gets hit first by fronts coming in over Lac Leman but that can include rain...so if it's cold then there may be more snow in the village than in Cham, but if it's warm ... you get the picture.

I don't think it's a strong/consistent enough effect to make decisions on.

Yes, you can get stuck in Avoriaz. As I suggested, accurate links should be available on the various websites. (Possibly from last season but indicative enough).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks guys I think I am pretty convince about Morzine. Sounds a bit like when I was in Las Allues and have to travel up to Meribel (getting lifts and buses) and have to be down by a certain time otherwise is taxi or hitch.....

Just got to hope for snow now, if it is any better than Meribel last year (which was crap) than I am chuff!!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@cedricpoon, TBH if based in Morzine you're reasonably likely to spend considerable time in Morzine-Les Gets anyway.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy