Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telegraph doesn't rate downhill skiing.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to a recent article on the 2018 Winter Olympics. they say

TOP events

Opening ceremonyFebruary 9 2018
Women’s mogul skiing finalFebruary 11 2018
Men's snowboard slopestyle finalFebruary 11 2018
Men’s mogul skiing finalFebruary 12 2018
Women's snowboard slopestyle finalFebruary 12 2018
Women's snowboard halfpipe finalFebruary 13 2018
Men's snowboard halfpipe finalFebruary 14 2018
Men’s snowboard cross finalFebruary 15 2018
Women’s snowboard cross finalFebruary 16 2018
Women's skiing slopestyle finalFebruary 17 2018
Men's skiing slopestyle finalFebruary 18 2018
Women's ski halfpipe finalFebruary 20 2018
Men’s ski cross finalFebruary 21 2018
Men's ski halfpipe finalFebruary 22 2018
Men’s slalom skiing finalFebruary 22 2018
Women’s ski cross finalFebruary 23 2018
Women's snowboard big air finalFebruary 23 2018
Men's snowboard big air finalFebruary 24 2018
Closing ceremonyFebruary 25 2018

from
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/pyeongchang-2018-winter-olympics-tickets-on-sale/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To be fair if you're talking about buying tickets for an event than all of those trump downhill where you're basically paying to watch telly sat in a grandstand before a bloke/woman comes flying over the final jump and across the line.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
However (technically) aren't all those events 'downhill' Very Happy Very Happy. As I've never seen uphill moguls though I have heard about a uphill pipe run, but that's not skiing related I think.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, as DOTm suggests, they're all more spectator friendly. Having watched WC SL it's not even that great. Much better at home on tv with a beer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Surely the atmosphere in Korea will be electric... has such a reputation as an alpine nation... Shocked
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
iainm wrote:
Surely the atmosphere in Korea will be electric... :

Definitely! The tense anticipation of when is Kim Jong Un going to launch his missiles across the border.... Skullie
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...still on the bright side the IOC bigwigs might be vaporised....wonder if FIFA top brass can get invited
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I quite enjoyed Mens Downhill at Les Houches. for anyone who's been, you'll know there is a 'rather large' jump just at the bottom of the first section.

The french stand all around the jump area blasting air horns and cheering. Some people do a short jump and get control again quickly. Some people catch maximum air and the crowd love it.

We quite enjoyed watching from the various positions around the course. You can do half an hour of spectating, ski down to the next spot, watch a bit more from there, etc etc. It's not so bad.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dp, Olympics tend to be a bit more anal about slope side spectating. Certainly the World Champ downhill I saw, slopeside viewing was restricted to a rather dull gliding section which when looking through 3 layers of B netting isn't very exciting.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ansta1 wrote:
However (technically) aren't all those events 'downhill' Very Happy Very Happy. As I've never seen uphill moguls though I have heard about a uphill pipe run, but that's not skiing related I think.

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy