Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anon lenses...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

In the market for a goggle upgrade and looking at picking up some anon m2s in the sale. They come with the red solex lens (sunny days) and the blue lagoon lens (whiteout days) but thinking of picking up a third lens for everything in between (as spare lenses only £20-25 in the sale) and wondering if anyone had used them or could recommend a good fit? Currently thinking of either the silver amber or gold chrome but any advice appreciated. Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used them, they were fine, but to me three lenses is one too many to carry.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Phil. Realistically I'd probably only carry two depending on forecast i.e. If it's sunny I'd take the sunny ones plus an in between and likewise if whiteout I'd take the in between in case it cleared up. Maybe I don't need 3 but at the moment can pick up the goggles and an extra lens (3 in total) for around £110 which seems like a deal to me. Also means I'd have a spare lens if (when) one got scratched so for an extra £20 probably worth picking a spare up.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the WM1 Anon goggles-the best I have ever owned. Lense swapping can be done with one hand sitting on a chairlift. Having said that, I find myself using the red solex all the time. I have a true low light lens as well, I think the Blue Lagoon ones, but I find them too glary, even in a whiteout. So, in a nutshell, I rarely if ever change them.
However, Mr P does...he gets dry eyes on cold sunny days, and he really likes the ones with a gradient - so they are darker at the top and clearer at the bottom.
One thing I did find very annoying a couple of seasons ago-In Val D'isere, no shop stocked Anon lenses on their own...The smug Anon distributors wanted you to buy the whole goggles!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Perty. Maybe I don't need a spare lens then if you think the red solex covers all conditions? Last goggles I bought was about 15 years ago so not used to all these options! May still pick up a silver amber lens as that seems to be pretty versatile if I were to scratch either lens.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A spare is always good..I think I'm on my third red solex ( skiing about 4 weeks per year). So you might as well pick up a bargain spare!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Freeze Pro Shop has a nice Anon lens guide here.

I have the M3 with Dark Smoke (VLT: 8%), Pink SQ (35%), Blue Lagoon (80%) and the MIG with Blue Solex (25%), Amber (55%).

The Blue Solex on the MIGs are very versatile and I only changed over to the Amber if it was a total whiteout or for night skiing.

But since I got the M3s I always have the Pink SQ with me and one of the others depending on the conditions. Love how quick and easy it is to change lenses (and the face mask). My spare lens came with a rigid lens case which I think you get with the M2 spares as well.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Before dipping into the market, check out Panda Optics. A British company making pretty decent googles. I've got a pair of the Diablos and they stand up very well against more mainstream brands that you pay a good deal extra for.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy