Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking to join a group/start one.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, teacher here that has managed to blag a week off in term time, however need definite dates.
Looking to join up with a group or maybe even start one.
34 yo male intermediate boarder. Looking to go anywhere with snow that doesn't require house re-mortgage to fund the trip.
Any takers?
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Andy2809, Would one of the dates of the bashes suit you?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi thanks for the reply, I'm a bit of a newbie to this site. So at the risk of sounding like a total rookie, the bashes are??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Andy2809, trips organised by the guy that runs the site. Various dates, various types of deal with different stuff included, some are everything but the flight, others are limited to accommodation, pass and some tuition. Some bashes are small (such as the MYAsH Bash) with around 30-40 people attending, others are much bigger (such as the EoSB) and can have as many as 200 people. With so many people attending it's easy to find someone to ski with that's similar to you
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also see this
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49389
and this
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47357

Of course if none of those float your boat then there will probably be someone that's up for a 'solo' trip Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just click the hypertext link in your post. Basically they're NOT your TO type full details book early but you'll never have a better social time skiing or be short of people to ride with. Plus more trayers are better for stopping t'others going all spandex and bum wiggle turns.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Andy2809, Have you clicked on the blue bashes links in the posts above?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh my God this is exactly the type of thing I was after.
I am tho a snowboarder. Do u get many of these attending?
How do I go about signing up should one take my fancy.
Thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Andy2809, Most people on bashes are skiers, but there are always a smaller number of snowboarders too. The standard of the skiers and boarders can vary from near beginners to very experienced off-piste riders, but the great thing about bashes is that they are very sociable and at the start of the day groups will form to maybe ski to different places but often when groups meet, at a mountain restaurant for lunch say, someone may choose to leave one group and join another, it's totally flexible that way. Oh and skiers and boarders do seem to be able to tolerate each other enough to be in the same group! Toofy Grin
Personally I'd recommend either the preBB week in Alleghe or the Birthday Bash in Arabba the following week, the Italian Dolomites have fantastically well prepared pistes, great scenery and mountain restaurants offering great food and drink at very reasonable prices. Try a bash - I don't think you will be disappointed. snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh and in terms of how to go about signing up for a bash, closer to the time admin will create buttons on the webpage for the particular bash for either expressing an interest (this gives him an indication of likely numbers) or actually booking. It's your responsibility to arrange flights ( e.g in the case of the previously mentioned preBB and Birthday Bash people fly into Venice) and once people know that they will be going on a Bash it pays to book the flights early to get the lowest prices (I've actually already booked mine to Venice as I'm doing both weeks snowHead )
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thank you Alastair.
I've been looking at the dates and the birthday bash is the one I will probably pick.
The "buttons" seem to be there already. However the two hotel options are full.will more be added?
Also what does the price include and how do u go about paying.
Sorry absolute beginner
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thank you Alastair.
I've been looking at the dates and the birthday bash is the one I will probably pick.
The "buttons" seem to be there already. However the two hotel options are full.will more be added?
Also what does the price include and how do u go about paying.
Sorry absolute beginner
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Andy2809, welcome to SH. The buttons you're looking at are last seasons, buttons for the forthcoming season will go up in the next couple of months. Don't get too excited and go off and book something else. snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What does the price include?
Cheers
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Andy2809, Hi.

This might answer some of your questions: -

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=96011

Also, to get an idea of what the price(s) include I looked at the details of the previous bashes to get an idea.

Which one were you interested in going on?
snow report
I quite fancy the birthday bash one
ski holidays
Andy2809 wrote:
Cheers

I believe you expressed an interest in the Birthday Bash. You'll see that the dates for the forthcoming one (it'll be the 14th as snowHeads was created in 2004) are 3rd-10th Feb 2018. As Izzop and NeddySkiGoon said the link currently takes you to last year's (13th Birthday) bash details for background information, closer to the time admin will update the link to a new one.

The basic cost covers half board accommodation in Arabba, either at the Hotel Portavescovo or the somewhat cheaper Hotel Garni Bellavista. If you stay at the Bellavista then you take breakfast there but the evening meal is taken with the other sHs (snowheads) at the Portavescovo. People staying at the Bellavista also have use of the ski and boot lockers in the Portavescovo, and the pool/spa facilities. At the start of the day people generally meet up outside the Portavescovo about 9am and then form groups to go off to different places.

As I said, it's your responsibility to arrange flights (to Venice for the Birthday Bash) and from Venice airport there are subsidised coach transfers organised by the Arabba tourist office, last year the cost was 46 Euros return. People will doubtless be posting links and info about the transfer closer to the event date.

The basic price doesn't include the lift pass, however admin usually provides a button asking you whether you want him to get them for you and he then hands them out in time for the first day's skiing. Thats saves you the bother of going to the lift pass office with hordes of other sHs at the same time. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Andy2809 wrote:
Cheers

Going on last years price, these would have ranged from: -

£435 - £380 staying at the Garni Bellavista
£595 - £505 staying at the Portavescovo

The lower ones being if you were fully "flexible" at either location.

I read the price including; Accom, 7 x breakfasts and 6 x dinners. The 7th dinner/Birthday party on the mountain, has been very successful in the past so I'll be organising that again.

In addition to the Accom you'll need to add travel there (flights, transfer), equipment hire, lift pass.
snow conditions
Beaten to it by @Alastair Pink Very Happy
ski holidays
I think the price for Birthday Bash is accommodation (including breakfast and dinner) only, you'll have to arrange flights and transfers (although Dadmin gets a deal), pass and equipment.

Other bashes have a bit more, for example the Livigno one you only need to sort flights.

The threads for 2017/2018 season aren't up yet and probably won't be for a few months but worth keeping an eye out.
snow report
@Andy2809, Do you have your own snowboard equipment? If not then there is a snowsports shop right near to the Hotel Portavescovo with which I believe admin arranges a rental deal. If you've got your own equipment then you'll be taking it with you on the flight of course. Most sHs flying into Venice use airlines like BA, Easyjet etc, obviously the best one for you depends on your location. Most charge extra for ski/snowboard carriage but there are some exceptions e.g I'll be flying Lufthansa which offers free ski carriage, but it's not a direct flight so I'll have to change at Munich. Once people have arranged their flights then people are encouraged to post details of their flights into a special section admin creates as it facilitates people arranging lifts to airports and meeting up at the UK departure airport. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Hi, yes I have all my own gear. I'd be flying from Manchester so probably easyjet. I usually pay about 60 quid for baggage.
I'll start doing some homework
Thanks
ski holidays
Andy2809 wrote:
Hi, yes I have all my own gear. I'd be flying from Manchester so probably easyjet.

There's usually quite a few sHs travelling from Manchester on the Birthday Bash, doubtless there'll be several others on the same flight as you. snowHead
ski holidays
Andy2809 wrote:
I am tho a snowboarder. Do u get many of these attending?

There's a reasonable number of us snowboarders, of varying ability levels haha Very Happy

I went on my first bash last year, loved it so much I did two more!

To give you an idea, this was the previous Birthday Bash
http://youtube.com/v/DV6-SdLyXP0
snow conditions
That looks amazing to be fair.
Right up my street. What's the slopes like around there?
ski holidays
The slopes are really good, but the best thing is probably the range and variety available to explore, off and around the Sella Ronda circuit. Very Happy
ski holidays
Will I know nearer the time who's going from Manchester? Might be an idea to know a few few friendly faces before hand
latest report
If you post on the forum closer to the time, people will make themselves known.

And there's also a handy list of everyone's travel plans you can add your details to, and see who else is on your flight Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And you'll end up talking to people when we all meet up at the airport in Venice. Random snowheads start talking to you, it's great!
snow report
Flights are currently 55 quid return from Liverpool!!!!!
snow conditions
@Andy2809, The flights from Liverpool are new this year and I was interested but the return flight is too early for the transfer buses.
snow report
To be fair Robin isn't giving total disclosure over the standard of bar entertainment expected to be provided by boarders wink
latest report
Pay no heed to such scurrilous talk, it's all quite civilised! More tea vicar? Toofy Grin
latest report
Robin Agogo wrote:
Pay no heed to such scurrilous talk, it's all quite civilised! More tea vicar? Toofy Grin

Absolutely! And people shouldn't pay any attention to stories about me either...even if photographic and video evidence is put forward. FAKE NEWS. Sad.
snow report
CGI! It's all CGI and photoshop Very Happy
ski holidays
@Robin Agogo, posting that video, which is very good by the way, just isn't fair Sad Makes me wish I was on a skiing holiday right this minute and makes waiting for my next one in January ever so slightly harder!

Certainly the S14BB looks great and especially love the idea of tagging on the PreBBWUW6 before it. Unfortunately I'm in La Tania for the week of the PreBBWUW6 and flying back on the Saturday of the S14BB. Will certainly consider doing the double in 2019 and guess I'll have to settle with the EoSB2018 to pop my snowHead cherry on Shocked

I'm very intrigued of the entertainment that the boarders provide mentioned by @Dave of the Marmottes Puzzled
snow report
geepee wrote:
@Andy2809, The flights from Liverpool are new this year and I was interested but the return flight is too early for the transfer buses.

@Andy2809, for your information about booking flights to meet up with the transfer bus timetable there are two transfer bus runs scheduled both for arrival day at Venice airport and departure day from Arabba.

At the last bash the first transfer bus from Venice Marco Polo Airport was at 1pm and the second one at 6pm. The transfer time between Venice Marco Polo airport and Arabba is typically about three and a quarter hours. If you're on the later 6pm bus then you're still able to get dinner when you arrive at the hotel (though the starter buffet bar may be somewhat depleted Laughing). Incidentally almost all airlines fly into Venice Marco Polo Airport, Ryanair fly into Venice Treviso Airport instead but there is also a transfer service to Arabba run by the Arabba tourist office for people flying into there.

For the departure day the first bus from Arabba was at 6am and the second one was at 11am. I expect that the times will be similar on this year's bash, but that'll be confirmed closer to the event. I see that Easyjet are currently showing the return flight from Venice as departing at 10:30, hence geepee's comment about it being too early for the transfer bus. You might just make it on the 6am coach from Arabba, but it's pretty tight allowing time for the 10 minute walk from the airport coach park to the terminal, queuing up to drop off your bags, go through security etc.

It's worthwhile mentioning that some people either fly to Venice on the Friday or fly back from Venice on the Sunday so that they can spend a day in Venice.
latest report
Also one thing to note is.... on easyJet you pay for hold baggage and sports equipment.

On BA sports equipment is suitable as part of your hold allowance.

Also, if you book one way club then you get two. Age in the hold for free on BOTH legs. So worth bearing in mind for your price calculations.
latest report
Quote:
For the departure day the first bus from Arabba was at 6am and the second one was at 11am. I expect that the times will be similar on this year's bash, but that'll be confirmed closer to the event. I see that Easyjet are currently showing the return flight from Venice as departing at 10:30, hence geepee's comment about it being too early for the transfer bus. You might just make it on the 6am coach from Arabba, but it's pretty tight allowing time for the 10 minute walk from the airport coach park to the terminal, queuing up to drop off your bags, go through security etc.

Or if we have a significant cohort interested in the Liverpuddle flight, we might persuade the tourist office to run the bus 30mins earlier. Such things are quite within the realms of possibility.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy