Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski flights from BA and Eurowings.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
British Airways is launching two new ski routes and claims to be offering more winter flights from Heathrow for under £40 than ever before.

The new Heathrow flights to Grenoble, which give access to some of the most popular European ski resorts, will depart on Saturdays from December 2 with fares starting from £39 each way.

Skiers will also be able to reach the Italian slopes via Turin from £40 each way.

Flights to Salzburg from Heathrow will double from two to four per week and there will be two additional weekly services to Innsbruck.

More

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 21-06-17 14:21; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Eurowings are launching a new winter service - Stansted to Salzburg - flying every evening except Saturdays.

This makes midweek or weekend trips to Salzburgerland resorts feasible, and with a bit of planning means that a one-week skiing trip can have 8 skiing days rather than just 6. By flying out on Friday evening and staying at an airport hotel before taking a Shuttle or taxi to resort early on Saturday morning, it should be possible to ski for most of Saturday. Many resorts to choose from all within 90 mins of Salzburg. Stay in resort for seven nights, as usual. On the departure Saturday, if your accommodation will let you store bags for the day, you can ski all day before heading to Salzburg for Saturday night (or staying in resort for another night if possible). Eurowings flight back is on Sunday evening. Fares currently from £30 each way.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If BA stop going on strike the Grenoble route would be good for me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@achilles, Its not showing as one of the mixed fleet destinations (yet) so it might be OK unless of course the strike spreads to the other 2 cabin crew types. Lyon is currently showing as mixed fleet - caveat emptor.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles wrote:
If BA stop going on strike the Grenoble route would be good for me.

only 1/3rd of the mixed fleet crew (a small subset of the total workforce) are in Unite who are the ones pushing for strikes. If you book via LHR then you are okay. Most disrupted flights are via LGW.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just a shame it is all from Heathrow when we are miles away from their way up north.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jake43, agreed, but at least if I want to I now have the option of Heathrow, Amsterdam or Paris as a connection. It's a bit much sometimes when the easiest flight option for us is a drive to Stansted for the 7am Turin flight. We can drive from Geneva, but it isn't exactly a short trip. We usually drive and stay for a coupleof weeks, but the option of a sneaky short break would be nice.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BA have also just announced Manchester Chambery and Manchester Salzburg, weekends only Dec-April next season, on their nicest short haul planes, the London-City based E190s (2+2 seating).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Even more new Salzburg flights!

Norwegian are flying to Salzburg from Gatwick this winter (mid-Dec until Easter) on Wed/Fri/Sat. Flights from about £40 one-way.

Eurowings are also introducing winter flights to Salzburg from Heathrow, Birmingham and Manchester.

Jet 2 appear to be planning winter flights to Salzburg from Birmingham, Belfast, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds/Bradford, Stansted and Manchester.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm looking at eurowings flights.
Is the free 30kgs ski baggage extra to the (charged)23kgs checked baggage?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2weird2die wrote:
I'm looking at eurowings flights.
Is the free 30kgs ski baggage extra to the (charged)23kgs checked baggage?

If the uk is the same as here(spain) then yep, ski bags go free, even with hand luggage only.
Take adavantage while it lasts!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy