Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 17/18 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Praying for a nice sunny blocking high to set in from around next Thursday for the next 4 weeks or so.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
15cm here so far, looking forward to the weekend!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@KenX, you know it's snowing without even getting up Cool

The roads are quiet and then the only thing you can hear is the snowplough rumbling along.

So about 10cms of fresh here in the garden and lightly snowing.

Dogs have yet to go out and are still in bed.

Cam shot this morning

http://www.stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 8-12-17 9:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
emwmarine wrote:
Praying for a nice sunny blocking high to set in from around next Thursday for the next 4 weeks or so.

I very much hope not!

Classic alpine weather of a few days snow then a few days sun would be perfect however.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here we go, the usual every one wanting snow, then when it happens and more to come people start moaning Toofy Grin

Learn to ski !!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@emwmarine, like this?

snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
emwmarine wrote:
Really? Isn't that what happened for the last couple of years and killed conditions for Christmas and New Year?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
KenX wrote:
15cm here so far, looking forward to the weekend!

Something similar in Val Thorens
But woke up in agony about 4am. Not sure what it is. Left leg is so painful. No skiing until it fades.
Grumpy with several capital Gs.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mark1863, been flying lately? Is the leg swollen? Warm?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
emwmarine wrote:

Whaaat!!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mark1863. Get the leg checked, having had 2 PE,s in my life its a no brainer
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's going to snow till the 20th, then lovely sunshine for 7 days, then can go back to cold and snowy till Easter for my 2nd trip Wink

If the weather gods want to throw in a power day or two, for those 7 days I'll be ok with that too.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow now falling in Liverpool, snow tyres on the car at least. This is very unusual
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No swelling and not warm. Pain extends to my lower back and down to mid-foot. Off to quacks shortly. Flew in 10 days ago. Friends say I look awful. No change there then

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 8-12-17 13:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing hard in Lech, Austria, this afternoon.
snow report
Raining and 2 degrees in Albertville. Was snowy up in Tignes but warmer than forecast, I think.
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
Here we go, the usual every one wanting snow, then when it happens and more to come people start moaning Toofy Grin

Learn to ski !!!

Great post. This is where you need a like button.

Love it Toofy Grin
snow report
looks very windy the next 4 days

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1512950400
snow report
@Peter S, yes was just about to mention that. Some potentially very strong winds on Monday. Alround quite a few stormy days to come with strong winds, rising and then tumbling temperatures and heavy snow in many areas.
snow report
@Mark1863, Sciatica?
snow report
As ever I would not pay too much attention to the exact numbers, but that’s pretty heavy snowfall across much of the Alps.

snow conditions
Quack says he thinks sciatica. Cause unknown. Have stenosis in neck and he suspects cause. Off topic for long enough.
Still snowing lightly in VT but never been heavy. Perhaps 20cm. Vis poor.
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
emwmarine wrote:

I very much hope not!

Classic alpine weather of a few days snow then a few days sun would be perfect however.

Give it a break. All you ever seem to do is criticise other people's posts.
ski holidays
I think I'm getting payback for not believing anymore in the Alps at Christmas. Ullr showed me his greatness with an amazing week in La Grave last March, and I still went and booked Colorado from 23 Dec. And now they have 26% of the normal snow accumulation and the Alps are going off.

I'm going to sacrifice a marmot or something to appease him.
snow report
emwmarine wrote:

Poster is certified as crazy
snow report
Sunday into Monday doesn’t look like a great time to be in the Alps. High to very high winds, snowline around 1800m +/-, blizzards. Once it calms down there will be a lot of snow up high and more to come the rest of the week to much lower.

All the gear no idea... (serious GoPro mind you, think that’s some sort of front mounted ABS too).
latest report
Most Chamonix skiing above 1,800 so sort of that’s fine with me but windslabs not so much.

Like the Snowcyberheads Happy
snow report
emwmarine wrote:

I think the poster might be being slightly sarcastic, I hope they are otherwise they shouldn't be on a ski forum. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, Chamonix Meteo warning of severe gale force winds on Sunday and gale force Föhn on Monday. Looks like the winds could be even stronger in the east on Monday.
snow conditions
Minion1980 wrote:
emwmarine wrote:

Indeed, I doubt i’m completely sane.

However there is logic, albeit selfish logic, to my post. I’m likely to be in val thorens for the next few weeks from sometime next week.

By next Wednesday it loiks like there will be as much snow on piste as until about mid feb last year.

i’m a wuss and i don’t like off piste skiing so i’ve got enough snow now. what i need is 🌞 sunshine.

it’s not that mad.
latest report
emwmarine wrote:
what i need is 🌞 sunshine.
Which is always nice, but 4 weeks of unbroken sunshine plus the holiday traffic will lead to hard-packed and icy pistes, no matter what the snow depth.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
emwmarine wrote:
what i need is 🌞 sunshine.
Which is always nice, but 4 weeks of unbroken sunshine plus the holiday traffic will lead to hard-packed and icy pistes, no matter what the snow depth.

That’s true. I did say it was selfish logic.

I’m going to pray for night time snow after the first week.
ski holidays
emwmarine wrote:
Minion1980 wrote:
emwmarine wrote:

Indeed, I doubt i’m completely sane.

However there is logic, albeit selfish logic, to my post. I’m likely to be in val thorens for the next few weeks from sometime next week.

By next Wednesday it loiks like there will be as much snow on piste as until about mid feb last year.

i’m a wuss and i don’t like off piste skiing so i’ve got enough snow now. what i need is 🌞 sunshine.

it’s not that mad.

No snow for 4 weeks is madness regardless of how much falls in the next week because it will just end up with hard scraped bullet proof pistes, no one wants that surely! Also it's my first time in the 3 valleys in late Jan so I will be wishing for constant snow and cold weather for the next 6 weeks snowHead
ski holidays
Closed lifts poor visibility and highly variable/dangerous off piste are no fun if you are on a six day ski holiday.

Give me sheltered runs and sunshine. Bad weather I can enjoy anytime at home Laughing
snow conditions
Sounds quite wild for a while and the wind won't help but should fill up those snow-making reservoirs if nothing else
ski holidays
Sunshine??

Really??

The two best ski trips I have ever had were to Japan, on both trips is snowed all day, every day, for 9 days without a break.

The snow was epic....no sunshine was required or desired.
snow report
rungsp wrote:
Sunshine??

Really??

The two best ski trips I have ever had were to Japan, on both trips is snowed all day, every day, for 9 days without a break.

The snow was epic....no sunshine was required or desired.

I'm hoping for that the end of Jan, Nipple deep pow Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Presumably not a howling gale and probably in the trees?
snow conditions
Peter S wrote:
Closed lifts poor visibility and highly variable/dangerous off piste are no fun if you are on a six day ski holiday.

Give me sheltered runs and sunshine. Bad weather I can enjoy anytime at home Laughing

IMO, as long as there's some trees around, the best skiing days are always the snowiest days.
latest report
30cm in the garden this morning and still tipping it down ⛄️ Time

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy