Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 17/18 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Am now feeling my decision to come home last Sunday rather than tomorrow, which would have been cutting it a bit fine for an essential work commitment on Monday , was a good one. Had I not had to get home though, it does look like this week offered some amazing skiing for those low down and away from the wind.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh the spoilers in the weather thread, great.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can anyone opine on upcoming weather in Baqueira-Beret please? Most of the info on the Pyrenees thread seems to be about the French resorts rather than Spain.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
La plagne wouldnt sell me a lift ticket this afternoon, covering tomorrow. Sounds ominous from a lift closure perspective.is the forecast really that bad?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@flicky, it’s serious in parts of the north west Alps for a few days. Looks like settling down a bit from Tuesday.

[img]https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/transf/dimension=640x10000:format=jpg/path/sd42a8b9b1062caf7/image/i5f0f1efd73618712/version/1516465993/image.jpg[/img]

Very heavy snowfall, fluctuating snow line, very heavy rain below, risk of floods and mud slides, gusts up to 150kmh, high avalanche risk. Expect traffic disruption and lift closures.

https://www.meteoalpes.fr/2018/01/20/enneigement-devenant-exceptionnel-et-historique-en-haute-montagne-risque-d-avalanches-et-de-crues/

Meanwhile some excellent on and off piste conditions away from the crowds in Kitzbühel with some spells of sunshine this afternoon.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Heavy snow in Kitz now.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We’re off to PdS tomorrow and whilst Monday looks a bit crappy, none of the forecast sites seem to be predicting a vast deluge of rain (although all are saying the snow limit up at 1800m or so). Is that just a local thing or are they just keeping their fingers crossed?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andy from embsay, It's going to be a wet one in the PdS resorts on Monday - they are nearly all a lot lower than 1800m
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yep, I know where they all are - just the forecast (Bergfex for example), whilst it’s for rain, isn’t for the biblical levels some charts are suggesting - obviously what falls will fall as rain in the villages, but it’s the amount if precipitation I’m wondering about.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
What is PdS?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@andy from embsay, well you'll soon find out, one way or the other...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Portes du soleil - ski area
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27 wrote:
@andy from embsay, It's going to be a wet one in the PdS resorts on Monday - they are nearly all a lot lower than 1800m

Sounds like Avoriaz will be right on the cusp - it’ll either get a huge dump of snow, or everyone is going to get wet!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Winter is all but over in the Alps, say hello to Spring!

am i doing it right?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@südtirolistdeutsch,🤣
snow report
DUMPING with snow at 1500m. Doommongers beware of EPIC conditions and face shot pictures ❤️
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
DUMPING with snow at 1500m. Doommongers beware of EPIC conditions and face shot pictures ❤️

Yes look at these EPIC conditions. Seriously guys, I think we should hang up our skis for good, global warming has relegated our sport to a thing of the past.

ok that's enough...unless you want me to go on...
snow report
südtirolistdeutsch, you are Whitegold, and I claim my £5! Toofy Grin
snow report
@südtirolistdeutsch, wo etwa im Südtirol bist du?
ski holidays
südtirolistdeutsch wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Yes look at these EPIC conditions. Seriously guys, I think we should hang up our skis for good, global warming has relegated our sport to a thing of the past.

Theres been more snow this season than for over 40 years, and the record from 1976 is broken. But monte poieto is having a hard time, so now its all over?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 21-01-18 9:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
DUMPING here, right down to the city, lots of lifts closed, level 4.... Will be a good day but be careful!
latest report
Humpty dumpty in the Verb. Bruson is on. Think the new skis may be too narrow...
http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2013-2014-dps-spoon
snow report
According to the météo France forecast we get every morning Snow/Rain level tomorrow around 2000m but better after that.
It's been snowing since I started at 0830 this morning here in Auris.
ski holidays
Sleeting in Gatwick...
ski holidays
@südtirolistdeutsch, time to hand over your belt and shoelaces.

@BobinCH, want to sell me your old ones again?
ski holidays
Zermatt inundated again today snowHead
snow report
Schlick 2000 amd stubai gletscher ( i think) closed today due to avi danger. Elfer and serles open....
snow conditions
Schlick 2000 amd stubai gletscher ( i think) closed today due to avi danger. Elfer and serles open....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snoozeboy, all yours!
snow conditions
I'm no@nozawaonsen or@Jellybeans1000 but it looks like high pressure is set to make a return after this storm cycle if I'm reading the latest models correctly - I presume this would give the snowpack a chance to stabilise if we get a defined freeze and thaw cycle? Any views on what may happen or what the models currently suggest in the medium term? Meanwhile, it is dumping it here in Knutsford (Cheshire) ... it's sticking too ...
snow conditions
Interested to see how things look for La Clusaz half term week. Yes I know it’s 3 weeks away but what is the crystal ball saying

Would love it cold and bright
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
südtirolistdeutsch, you are Whitegold, and I claim my £5! Toofy Grin

Haha, no! It must be an especially tough season for him though, took me over an hour to find those pictures
snow conditions
pjd wrote:
@südtirolistdeutsch, wo etwa im Südtirol bist du?

Nirgendwo im Südtirol eigentlich, aber es gehört zu Deutschland!...Österreich geht auch
latest report
Funny that, thought it was Austria and Italy.....................
snow report
staffsan wrote:
südtirolistdeutsch wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Theres been more snow this season than for over 40 years, and the record from 1976 is broken. But monte poieto is having a hard time, so now its all over?

What record exactly was broken? Is it only up high or also in the valleys? Is there a site where I can see all the different years?
snow report
The Hoval webcam picture is hardly alpine. Looks a bit like camphill in Liverpool Very Happy
snow report
Lovely jubbly! Snowing down to 1000m and rain below

http://youtube.com/v/6vge_uUVZmE
ski holidays
Someone, somewhere, please talk to me about the Spanish Pyrenees. Thank you.
latest report
@BobinCH, clearly fake news, the season is over don't you know????

How were the new planks?
snow conditions
@kitenski, not too shabby!

http://youtube.com/v/OVSPiCu83lk
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy