Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Xmas 23rd December, 7 days, solden Austria. Anyone??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went here last month, stayed in the Hotel Tyrol and it was AWESOME.. made some great friends and we had fun nights, every nights..

Now i want to plan a trip and i say the more the merrier!!!!

So anyone interested?

Thanks,

Anilo

p.s. last weekend was in Chamonix for a last time ski break before summer.. thanks to you guys for the advise. skiied on Grand Montets, nice town and enjoyed it very much..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
anilo, great to know you had a good time in Chamonix. All snow and no rain I hope. I would love to join your trip to Solden: I am definitely a more-the-merrier type, and have often wondered about Solden as I trundled past on the way to Obergurgl, but I will be busy getting the rheindeer ready and shining up the sleigh. Maybe another time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are rheindeer related to rhinedeer or reindeer, john? Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian Hopkinson, I'm not sure who she is related to, but this is just one of my rheindeer.
The others are all Tired and Worn-out after a Long Squawk (at least I think that is how you spell it)
(Interestingly, a google search for "rheindeer" gets 167 responses, though it is not recognised by Chambers.)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Make that 168 responses if that's a rheindeer Jonpim Razz
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true!

Sorry, anilo, we appear to have hijacked your thread...come on snowHeads - who's for solden this Christmas?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What's the skiing like?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you check solden.com you can download the piste map. It is all linked and vast and you could never get bored. The skiing is very good, there is even a tunnel you can ski through!! and it has a glacier.

People are very friendly and when you go up on the cable car on the Giggijoch to get up the mountain, the area with the bars etc have a great atmosphere. When i was there mid March, the weather was fantastic, very hot, live music, screens and there was also filming going on and there was some italian model with tight yellow thingy on... very nice!!

The only thing i can say which maybe some people won't like is that there are not many english about, it is mainly, dutch, german, austrian. However i quite liked this, they spoke great english and it was just great fun!

Anilo
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anilo, Austria is great for Christmas. Apart from the skiing the whole atmosphere is just so ...... atmospheric. I'm going to be in Kitzbuhel those dates and would be glad to meet up for a ski with any snowheads in town. Kitz is going to have a new lift this year that completes the missing link over Giggling to Jochau.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Isn't the snow reliability a bit borderline? We've been to Westendorf (just a little way along from Kitz.) for the first full week in January and although there has always been snow on the tops at Westendorf the neighbouring Ski Welt area is pretty bare and we've been rescued by snow early in the week.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chancy, yes, but there has been plenty at Kitz last two years and the records are quite favourable. Kitz can get crowded when nowhere else in the area has snow. We love the town so much we chance it. I suppose if it is green all over you end up on the Hintertux.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having an intolerant moment here. Apart from those on the spot and the odd bit of glacier, the next time most of us will be skiing (even the luckiest) willl be next Christmas. ANY SKIING IS GOOD SKIING. Lets forget the counsel of perfection and accept thet early season is a compromise. Austria has as good a chance as anywhere of providing snow this early. Gamble and go for it. What else are you going to do???
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Bish wrote:
What else are you going to do???
Answer: Forget Christmas: go Easter instead, of you have to go in holiday time. If you don't try April after Easter hoardes have gone: lovely weather, no crowds, and very cheap in 2005 with Easter being so early.
If you insist on skiing Christmas, wait to see what the conditions are like and go for a late last-minute deal. Every recent Christmas there have been superb last-minute deals.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Actually, Jonpim, I'm sadly assuming that we will ski every available opportunity next season. For me that means Xmas, half-term Feb and Easter. Only just enough i know..........
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy