Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telegraph Ski and Snowboard Show London

Poster: A snowHead
This show takes place in October, has anyone been? Is it worth the entrance fee and hassle of getting to the smoke? Any good for kids (10 and 12)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Got my tickets - we go every year and enjoy it. There's free ice skating, which makes it worthwhile. We aim to get as much free stuff as we can, enter lots of competitions (won a PS4 game last year, a holiday the year before) and generally get in the mood for skiing again.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went for the first time last year, what with the freebie bag, skating, free magazine and Hemel vouchers it was well worth the entrance fee. I've booked again Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I go most years normally I seem to manage to get a free ticket from somebody Laughing Nice to have a look round and collect any freebies.
Less equipment available at the show now compared to Earls Court.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linds wrote:

Less equipment available at the show now compared to Earls Court.

A lot less small independent traders seem to bother going now. Guess they are struggling against the high street giants and the internet.

I only go if I can get my hands on free tickets but tbh doubt even that would tempt me down from Birmingham this year!

If you've never been though and you can make a bit of a sightseeing day out with it, it is worth it...just dont have massive expectations!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I only go if I can get my hands on free tickets [/quote]

Is there a trick to free tickets?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@daveyladboy, @djf, @manicpb, @Linds, Thanks for the info Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have only been the once when I got a free ticket and I live nearby! Was a reasonable experience but not sure I would pay for it...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Langers Utd wrote:
I only go if I can get my hands on free tickets

Is there a trick to free tickets?[/quote]

Unfortunately it's either being in the know or waiting till a couple of weeks before and exhibitors will have a handful of passes they give away through comps/fb promos/loyal customers.

I'm being lazy by not looking it up but out of curiosity how much are tickets if you buy now?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only go if I can get free tickets - so it's basically worth an Oyster fare and the hassle of walking there IMV (which is worse now its not at Olympia or Earls Court)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Might have to see if I know anyone who can help out nearer the time then I think as I havent been but it could end up a bit like the boat show, which I have gone off.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Posted this last year

Quote:
I spoke with the Georgia representatives at last year's show, picked up all the brochures and with subsequent emails confirming great snow conditions spent 9 nights at Gudauri resort last January with my better half Nerys.

One of the best trips we've ever been on and the conversation at the show plus the emails saved us immeasurable hassle and far, far more than what would have been the £54 entrance fee for the two of us.

That's just my experience, so worth it in my eyes.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That's a good point @Mike Pow, I spent a while talking to an Andorra travel company and although I didn't end up going there (my friends changed their minds) they were really helpful, gave loads of local knowledge and also a show discount. I appreciate a phone call would have achieved some of the same thing but it was very helpful for me to understand the region, little things like this hotel here looks close but its up a hill, this hotel has great food etc.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
djf wrote:
That's a good point @Mike Pow, I spent a while talking to an Andorra travel company and although I didn't end up going there (my friends changed their minds) they were really helpful, gave loads of local knowledge and also a show discount. I appreciate a phone call would have achieved some of the same thing but it was very helpful for me to understand the region, little things like this hotel here looks close but its up a hill, this hotel has great food etc.

Definitely.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think a better name would probably be 'The Ski and Snowboard Holiday Show'
Most stands were for resorts and TOs, there was an array of mostly pointless gadgets and some clothing. Very little in the way of skis etc. I heard that one of the big retailers (EB?) dropped out shortly before, and I don't think they filled as much of the venue as the previous year.
As @djf said, if you enjoy the freebie ice skating and can make use of the Hemel lift pass giveaway then it's okay. But I'm not sure I'd pay the ticket price just for the show itself.
ski holidays
I think its better now its not at Earls Court, the last time I went to Earls Court I swore never to go back
Quote:

hassle of walking there IMV
Its only a few minutes walk from Sloane Square tube station, plus 3 bus routes (44, 137 and 452) that stop by the park so not a much of a hassle.
latest report
Swissie wrote:
I think its better now its not at Earls Court, the last time I went to Earls Court I swore never to go back.

Fear not, you won't have to as its been levelled.
snow report
Been to a few ski shows in Londread over the years and to be honest not that impressed. Went to one in Beer ming gum and met a weird bloke with long hair called Graham. We played about with space hoppers, had a few drinks and I've never looked back. That was the year sH had a stand. I hadn't heard of snowHeads before and well now I have and I am. If they gave Admin a good deal on a stand I'd turn up just to support the team even if I had to pay. We could have a Ski Show Bash snowHead and show them all what really makes sHs tick.
snow report
@mcspreader, Birmingham and the spacehoppers was an great weekend Very Happy
latest report
@mcspreader,
Quote:

If they gave Admin a good deal on a stand I'd turn up just to support the team even if I had to pay. We could have a Ski Show Bash and show them all what really makes sHs tick.

+1 I did that in London once, and although the Show as a whole was more boring than drying paint, it was a good day.
latest report
a bit of a thread resurrection, I was thinking of pre-booking a family ticket for the show (have not been in several years) and popping along to the show on the Thursday afternoon, as I am working along the river at the moment.

Though I will be on my own, I was then looking to claim the snow centre vouchers, freebie bag and free magazine subscription that is thrown in as well.

but does anyone know if:

A, are there any time and date limitations on the snow centre vouchers?, would try and get the family down to Hemel in the new year for a pre holiday warm up.

B, is it dependant on the family being at the show at the same time? (could always say they are in the loo I suppose!!)

unfortunately, not logistically possible to get the family there for the show, as they would love the ice skating as well.

cheers
terry
snow report
@terrygasson, we used the snow centre vouchers last year at the weekend. No restrictions from memory.
latest report
@Bennyboy1, cheers, may as well give it a punt.
latest report
Anyone else going ? Bit the bullet and bought tickets for Sunday 29th. Not cheap but not bad for a day out in London!
snow report
If you have an outlet for French’s mustard you could probably make the ticket value back by selling the freebie bottles. We got loads last year.
ski holidays
Going with the family on the Saturday - probably late on as our ice skating slot is 7pm
snow conditions
I appear to have won some tickets from Ski Club GB for the show 😂 so we will be going up on the Friday if anyone else is going to be around give us a heads up and we can meet up for a drink 😀
ski holidays
@terrygasson, iirc last year the Hemel vouchers had to be used by New Year. @hammerite, we're still using the huge supply of mustard and hot sauce from last year's goody bag!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cheers @daveyladboy, might have to give snow centre a call to confirm date limitations before purchasing, as not sure we will be able to make it before new year. called them yesterday to confirm the family ticket gives you 4 vouchers for skiing, as a families hour ski pass is £86 off peak, ski show ticket is £40.
snow report
I have given many a ticket for the show away on here. Does anybody have a ticket or two you cannot use that you would give away?

Thanks
snow conditions
Does anyone know how long the ice skating slots are?
We've got a 7pm skating slot on the saturday and are weighing up whether we've got time to do the double and whizz round to the battersea park fireworks (that start at Cool
snow report
Odd, I booked a skating slot but it is not even showing on the tickets except saying turn up 15 mins before the slot to collect skates but doesnt show the slot time booked.
snow report
@ster, I found it's not showing on the ticket in the Eventbrite app but it is on the email summary.
latest report
Hmm, might have deleted that once the tickets came though on the app but I noted down the time booked. I imagine the slots will be half an hour at least?
ski holidays
I'll be on the Japan stand #407 representing Kiroro and Hokkaido.

Pop around and say hi if you're at the show 👍

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 23-10-17 8:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Daily Telegraph giving away free tickets for subscribers
snow report
@Tubaski, are the fireworks the week after?
ski holidays
@summerseat, oh bug, yes Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
That solves that one then! Ta.
ski holidays
Abit of a journey for me from South West, but really want to go. Was planned to go last year but car went into the garage Crying or Very sad
snow report
Anyone got anything better than a 15% discount on Saturday tickets for this?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy