Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FS: Scott Avalanche Backpack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got a brand new, never used Scott Air Free Alpride 32L backpack in black including airbag and canisters. Exactly the same as this one: https://www.glisshop.co.uk/airbag/scott/air_free_alpride_32l_kit_black_burnt_orange-103299.html

Looking for £450

Cheers, Alex
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For £40 more I would buy from Glisshop and get a warranty.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bar shaker wrote:
For £40 more I would buy from Glisshop and get a warranty.

Cool
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alexcbrown, if you have a purchase receipt from a UK Scott retailer for the pack and give that to the purchaser then the pack is still covered by the UK warranty.

@bar shaker, if you buy from Glisshop you wont get warranty support in the UK so would have to return the pack to France.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also worth mentioning that the one for sale appears to come with the canisters which aren't included at that price with Glisshop and are about £35 IIRC
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mmgg1988 wrote:
Also worth mentioning that the one for sale appears to come with the canisters which aren't included at that price with Glisshop and are about £35 IIRC

Yeah true the canisters are about £40 extra. Price is obviously negotiable as well
latest report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon wrote:
@Alexcbrown, if you have a purchase receipt from a UK Scott retailer for the pack and give that to the purchaser then the pack is still covered by the UK warranty.

@bar shaker, if you buy from Glisshop you wont get warranty support in the UK so would have to return the pack to France.

I thought, maybe mistakenly, that products sold in the EU have EU wide warranty, provided the product is sold in that territory.

I bought my Ortovox Ascent from Snowshepherd, but it lives in France. I would go to a French Ortovox dealer, if I had a warranty problem.
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@bar shaker, I've never bought anything on the basis of the warranty, I just speak to whoever the UK agent is and they sort it I'd have thought, irrespective of where its purchased.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Markymark29, well @spyderjon is a UK dealer for Scott Snowsports so I should think his advice is pretty sound

Although with all brands, the support you get is more based on the manufacturer themselves, than on EU rules or warranty rules or whatever. Some manufacturers will support you regardless of where you bought it on the basis that it's their product; other manufacturers will avoid giving you any help unless you produce a court order.

Head, for instance - I have Head skis, bindings and boots and frankly I think I could turn up outside their HQ with a million pounds in cash and waving an AK47 around threatening to kill everyone and they would still tell me that the thing I needed was out of stock or no longer manufactured or only available in packs of 17,000. I think for most things you would need to produce a warrant signed by God himself to get Head to register it on their Give-a-f**k-ometer.
ski holidays     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy