Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

wtb: race skis for dry slope

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi everyone

i've stepped rather out of my comfort zone and have joined the local 'masters' race team (slalom for the over 40s by any other name). i'm pretty tall, 6'4", 12 stone and currently ski a pair of atomic vantage theory 186s. i've been using the dry slope hire skis for quite a few weeks and having got the bug i need a pair of decent race skis. from what i've read something around 160ish seems the norm.

if anyone's got something they'd like to sell me (along with any advice on length, models, etc) feel free to chime in.

thanks
max
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd go for 165 or 170 at your height and weight. Try "Racers Skibay" group on facebook. Always plenty of stuff going on there.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't go any longer than 160cm for dry slope, almost everyone skis on 155 regardless of height

Some race skis come up on Skibay as well as Racers Skibay, they are two different Groups so worth checking both. I wouldn't buy new skis for dry slope
snow conditions     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try sports direct who have some atomic SL skis in. I bought some just before Crimbo and whilst they are the 2014 model they are spot on
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
that's a great tip @PaulC1984 thank you, i've just placed an order.
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@maxhowarth, I would talk to your coach too before you buy anything, show him what you're thinking of getting
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also set up a search on ebay, I just picked up a brand spanking new still factory wrapped pair of head rebel i SLR's 160cm 2015/2016 for £70, spyderjon sorted out bindings for £50, I tested them at Langraaf
Last weekend - a lot of fun Very Happy
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
that's an amazing deal.
snow conditions     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy