Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summer Ski - What Course?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone, fantastic forum

I have done a search, found a bit of info but thought I would make a fresh post.

I intend to book a weeks course around end of June and wondering if anyone has any experience of doing this. I would consider myself an intermediate and can happily ski reds and most blacks - if they are in good shape.

I have looked at :

Snoworks, Tigne Glacier
Warren Smith, Cervinia
British Alpine Ski School, Les Deux Alpes

I have been to Tigne in the summer years ago so would like to try somewhere new but have heard great things about Snoworks, just concerned at how good you have to be to say you are a level 4

Also heard good things about Warren Smith

Been on the LDA glacier in the winter, supposed to be a big area with lots of lifts for the summer

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Jason Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Fish_Head, what are you hoping to get out of the week??
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did a Snoworks summer ski course last year. Enjoyed it. Considering doing another. There was everything from teenagers doing race training, people with BASI level 1 and 2, and recreational skiers like me. From what you describe I think you'll be fine.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Fish_Head, Why not get to your nearest dryslope/fridge and join their race club ? That will really get your skiing going..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski wrote:
- pretty much what is on the snoworks course description : bumps, carving, race training etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Themasterpiece wrote:
I did a Snoworks summer ski course last year. Enjoyed it. Considering doing another. There was everything from teenagers doing race training, people with BASI level 1 and 2, and recreational skiers like me. From what you describe I think you'll be fine.

Excellent, thanks for the info
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski wrote:
@Fish_Head, Why not get to your nearest dryslope/fridge and join their race club ? That will really get your skiing going..

Ive been at Hemel all weekend Madeye-Smiley , spoke to one of the guys who goes to race club on a monday, he confirmed they have members who are 40+ will be contacting them to see about a taster session
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like Snoworks at Tigne would be a good option then, I would have liked to try somewhere different like Stubai or Hintertux but its more about the training ready for the winter so Tigne will be fine

Thanks for all your input

Jason
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fish_Head wrote:
kitenski wrote:
- pretty much what is on the snoworks course description : bumps, carving, race training etc

That's your answer then Smile Are you training for anything in particular, ie BASI? If so worth having a chat with the course leader the first morning/night before IMHO.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jason, Les Deux Alpes Glacier is fantastic in the summer as is the resort! There is good skiing followed by some great activities for the afternoons. I am a keen biker so like to road and off road bike in the afternoons but there are also high ropes course, white water rafting, tennis, golf and much more! or of course the out door swimming pool or lake to relax!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy