Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do Jesus Christ, Jeremy Corbyn, Jeremy Clarkson and James Cove have in common?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Apart from their obvious love of skiing, there can be no doubt that either of these media personalities is capable of writing a bible or having a bible written about them.
That said, James Cove's enthusiasm for skiing is surely without peer.

Here he is, in 2 recent videos that could maybe benefit from a growth of audience (the purpose of this generous posting) ...

"Ellis Brigham Ski Test - James Cove gives an Overview" [25 April 2017. 12 views at time of posting]

http://youtube.com/v/3bzx1Ch-i_g

"Chairlift Chat: Tom from Tamworth Ellis Brigham" [4 May 2017. 2 views at time of posting]

http://youtube.com/v/mbN0YjjAQXk&t=17s
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Blizzard 'Bon-ah-fy-day'

Sorry but I lost interest right there. Couldn't take him seriously.

Second vid was better.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David, you missed out John Cleese and you misused the word "either".
Hope this helps.
No need to thank me or reply in any way.
Ever.
Although you probably won't be able to help yourself.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Davina Goldballs, I have no idea why you posted that.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Nor me. Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
foxtrotzulu wrote:

Davina Goldballs wrote:
...recent videos that could maybe benefit from a growth of audience (the purpose of this generous posting) ...

Clickbait?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
foxtrotzulu wrote:

Hurtle wrote:
Nor me. Confused

motyl wrote:
Clickbait?

Firstly, thanks very much for popping in. I posted it because:

a. James Cove is an old friend of mine.
b. Quoting the 'about' page of PlanetSki: "PlanetSKI was founded by the journalist, James Cove. He worked for 22-years at BBC News - starting in local radio and working his way up to being a TV news editor in the main BBC TV newsroom in London."
c. Looking at the YouTube viewing figures for these two videos, a couple of days ago (12 views and 2 views respectively) it seemed that there was 'audience growth potential'. Obviously one doesn't spend 22 years at the Beeb to cater for a dozen people.

The first video now has 99 views.
The second video now has 62 views.

OK, this isn't quite up there with Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' - 407,235,611 views as of now - but it's a start.

agw wrote:
David, you missed out John Cleese and you misused the word "either".

Sorry about that omission and error. Have you noticed that most people do this when they put ski boots on?

http://youtube.com/v/IqhlQfXUk7w

Mike Pow wrote:
Blizzard 'Bon-ah-fy-day'

I think it means 'genuine', as in 'it's a genuine Blizzard'.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
James is a great guy and works damn hard. Not sure he'd thank you for forever documenting the reach of some of his videos, but you'll note the same videos hosted directly on Facebook performed rather better.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Davina Goldballs wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Blizzard 'Bon-ah-fy-day'

I know what the word means and it's pronounced 'bone-ah-fied' - to rhyme with 'died'
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Davina Goldballs, I think you might have had a more positive response if you'd said something like "James is a friend of mine. Do me a favour and have a look as I think he's doing a great job"
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mike Pow wrote:
Davina Goldballs wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Blizzard 'Bon-ah-fy-day'

I know what the word means and it's pronounced 'bone-ah-fied' - to rhyme with 'died'

That is the way most Americans would pronounce it.

It isn't the classically correct way or the normal UK way to pronounce it, which would be bone-ah-fie-dee or bone-ah-fie-day.

Note - I haven't seen the video (blocked in work which is where I am now), so have no idea how it was pronounced there.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
clarky999 wrote:
James is a great guy and works damn hard.

I agree with you, clarky. Works hard, plays hard, thinks hard, talks hard. Here's James, speaking snowHeads 8 years ago in 2009 - with video interview:

"What's a snowHead?
"So are they all just a bunch of sad anoraks with no friends and too much time on their hands?"
http://www.planetski.eu/news/486

And here's James, reporting snowHeads 3 days ago:
Petition for Sunday Ski Train
"A petition's been launched by Daniel Elkan, the founder of the rail-ski information guide, Snowcarbon, and Graham MacMahon of the skier forum, Snowheads."
http://www.planetski.eu/news/9098

That Blizzard Bonafide

Mike Pow wrote:

alex_heney wrote:

That is the way most Americans would pronounce it.

It isn't the classically correct way or the normal UK way to pronounce it, which would be bone-ah-fie-dee or bone-ah-fie-day.

Alex Heney is correct. "bone-ah-fie-day" is the bonafide English pronunciation.

http://youtube.com/v/o8VVEPBusN4

foxtrotzulu wrote:
@Davina Goldballs, I think you might have had a more positive response if you'd said something like "James is a friend of mine. Do me a favour and have a look as I think he's doing a great job"

Quite right. James is a friend of mine. Do me a favour and have a look as I think he's doing a great job.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Since watching Victoria Wood, I always pronounce it Boney Fido Laughing .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This bloke Jesus Christ is quite clearly a lampoon of the comic messiah himself, Our Lord John Cleese. Even the initials, JC, are exactly the same.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy