Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Enforcer 93

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used this ski?

I've started looking at skis for next season and I'm in the market for an 85-95mm ski that is great on groomers.

I have a pair of K2 Shreditor 102s as my all-mountain freestyle ski, they're great fun but very soft and aren't great on groomers.

Read a few reviews for the Enforcer 93 and sounds like it might suit me as I'm 6'3, 90kg and it's stiff and powerful and can also go into the soft stuff too. I'm going to be doing some ski hosting in Austria so really looking for something for everyday use.

Also had a look at Armada Invictus 89ti and Atomic Vantage 90 too.

Thanks in advance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not tired it but its on my shopping list to replace my MX88's that I broke last season. I'm a touch taller and 5kg heavier than you. I'm also looking at the Blizzard Brahma.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, I have had a brief look at that one too. Going to be a long summer of deliberating haha
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Enforcer (in all sizes) is awesome. Not quite as stiff as the equivalent Blizzards (other than maybe the Enforcer Pro), but oh so silky and smooth. Great fun.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@lewisb22, I wanted to test the Enforcer when I was buying at the start of the season but couldn't find any (given all other constraints). Ended up on Bonafide's which so far have worked very nicely on everything.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, I'll@clarky999, good to hear.

I think at the moment, the Enforcer is my first choice from what I've read and heard - hopefully I can demo it in Lech or St Anton
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have been using the old Nordica Enforcer 98mm for almost 10 years now, still going great Toofy Grin I have a bit of a ski quiver goiing on but the Enforcer is still my all round ski. Going by the reviews I'd definitely buy the 100s as a replacement, but they don't seem to be wearing out and take base repairs really well.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Definitely a great choice! Had a pair for last season and they ski like a dream on piste, power through crud and slush like nothing else and handle powder pretty well too, loved them to bits. They are an awesome pair skis! Managed to break one on a tree though Sad Will definitely be replacing them! They're not that stiff, soft enough to be forgiving without being boring and they still handle well at speed, if you like that but they carve like a dream too! Cannot wait to use them again next season

I'm 5'9" and 75kg and I had the 177s if you need any help with sizing.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@someblokecalledjack, Undecided between the 185s and 193s.

Only issue with the 193s would be taking them home at the end of the season!.. But my 190s fit in my 190cm bag with room to spare, so might be okay.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@lewisb22, how big are you? I'm 5'9" and 70kg, and I'd take the 185s every time.

Also what bag do you have? I've had no issue with 194cm skis in a 190cm Dakine bag, for instance.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@clarky999, 6'3ish and 90kg... Might go for 193s then

I've got a 190cm Dakine Fall Line Double.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@clarky999, Sorry to bother you again..

Would you suggest the 193s? What mount point would you recommend?

Thanks
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@lewisb22, hard to say without you ski... I generally like long skis, so I'd be hesitant to say that 'cos I like the 185 you should get the 193 just 'cos you're bigger. If it was a heavily rockered powder ski, sure, but for an all mountain ski..? I think the 185 would probably be right for most adult men, unless particularly big/strong/heavy, or skiing mostly open alpine terrain rather than trees, or skiing at freeride comp level.

As to mount, as far as I'm aware I skied them at recommended, and nothing made me think I'd rather be forward or back of that.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm small and light and so given 173 vs 180 on the Bonafides, the 180s didn't ADD anything. So I went short. I don't see any point in adding length for no good reason, (said the actress to the bishop).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My 193 Shiros easily fit in a Dakine fall line.

Long if you're a powerful, lardass or charging skier. Can't see why 185s wouldn't work for most. I skied a 185 Cochise for a week(obviously not the same ski but a relatively close cousin) and didn't find being off the bigger size a major handicap though wasn't full on open alpine charging.
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, I just found the longer ski added a little delay to the turn-in. I don't see many skiers, not even around Cham who'd really justify the "full on alpine charging" label...sadly.

Around Monterosa they are there, but they're under 16 and on slaloms.
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, @under a new name, I'm a strong guy and ski pretty hard and fast.

But my 189cm Shreditors are heavily rockered so ski short, and haven't really felt like I needed a longer ski, so maybe the 185 would be fine. But they are a very playful ski and I haven't ridden anything else for a couple of years so maybe I've just got used to them. Searching for new skis is exciting but I always think about it far too much!
latest report
Have a look at the Whitedot R.98 trad - i found them fine and versatile in the 185 length. Plus spyderjon will probably be able to leg you over on some sort of deal or early purchase on new stock.

Bit outside your size range but very much OSQry if you won't really do park on them. plus no size dilemma as that's as big as they go.

Review http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=131778
snow conditions
under a new name wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, I just found the longer ski added a little delay to the turn-in. I don't see many skiers, not even around Cham who'd really justify the "full on alpine charging" label...sadly.

You see them around they are usually called Lars or Per or something or Cody or Travis if you are in the US. The usual clue is when then come rocketing out of a chute or when you see someone on a cornice and think, I wonder how they are going to drop in, and the answer is "launch it then straightline"
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, haha indeed!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy