Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfauss

Poster: A snowHead
I really like the look of Serfauss. It appeals more than Fiss or Ladis as it's bigger. I am a nervous intermediate, so do you think it would be good for me? The rest of the family are more confident but we are blue run skiiers I would say. Is there an end of town that is better? We'd quite like to be close to restaurants but away from noise if possible. Close to lifts would be really good. Is there a particular hotel or apartment that anyone can recommend? We are a family of four and would like either two bedrooms or interconnecting rooms. Any thoughts very welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stressedout, Serfaus Fiss Ladis is all the same ski area, so it's just a question of whether the village appeals to you or not. I would pick either Fiss or Serfaus, Ladis is a bit smaller and very quiet, but this is grumbling on a very high level!
The ski area is perfect for skiers of all levels from absolute beginner to Bode Miller.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's sounds a lovely resort, with lots of non-ski activities as well, especially the skating. Does the underground run to all the villages or just from one end of Serfaus to the other? Just wondering, is there a better "end" of Serfaus for convenience to slopes, restaurants etc?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 9-05-17 16:45; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bambionskiis, the underground only runs in Serfaus. It runs very regularly, every 10 mins iirc. The main lift is at the end of the village, but with the u-bahn it really doesn't matter where you live.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@stressedout, I would suggest Serfaus as there is a large bowl with blues and reds above the resort which may suit your skiing. As Bambionskiis says loads of other activities.

The resort is reasonably quiet with quite a few restaurants. If you look on the tourist office website you will be able to research suitable accommodation. https://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en

I posted a TR after our visit http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3022567&highlight=serfaus#3022567

We stayed at Apart Lenz, near the church and opposite the underground station.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for recommending Serfaus, I found it to be a great mix of terrian. Plus lots to do off the slope.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all. This is doing my head in. We need a room with separate beds for the kids (teen boy and girl don't want to share an Austrian twin!), flights only go on sundays and accommodation all seems to be sat-sat and, most are sold out anyway. We were thinking about going right to the other end of town (near the car park) on the basis that the train terminates there, whereas at certain times, the train misses out the stops in between, but at least it would always go to the end. Have emailed the Lenz knackered knees and another apartment, so we'll see.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@stressedout, We have been to Serfaus for the past 3 seasons and never been dissaponted. The ski school for kids of all ages is incredible and some say it is the gold standard in Europe. There is a vast disproportional amount of the ski slope and paraphenalia dedicated to children when compared to other resorts. The slopes have a good range of veriety and difficulty for a week's skiing.

We've had no problems getting flights on transfer day during half term and have flown to both Munich and Innsbruck. I personally prefer Munich as the airport experience is much better and maybe only an extra hour transfer along a very scenic route. The extra cost of transfer normally works out cheaper than flying directly to Innsbruck. We normally stay at Hotel Bar on 1/2 board basis. They are a Kinderhotel and extremely child friendly with lots of facilities to keep teens busy. They are located very close to the subway station or 20 min walk to the lift. We do the latter and leave our skiis at the lift station.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for that Ozboy. Will have a look at Munich as that would open flights up a lot more thanks. Drawing a blank on taxi quotes at the moment. Can you give me an idea of cost please? Hotel Bar looks gorgeous but at 800 euros each day for us plus the kids I reckon it will be about £6000 which is out of our budget unfortunately.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stressedout, cannot remember as we had 2 families sharing a 12 seater bus, but if I was to guess I reckon you will be up for about EUR350-400 each way. The accomodation should be able to put you in touch with the numerous taxis operating out of Serfaus.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheers ozboy. Just had two more accommodation rejections. Now, if we can just find somewhere to pitch our tent.................
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We book a year ahead for half term. It's extremely popular with the Swiss and Austrians for reasons mentioned above. You will have better change getting a hotel than an apartment as these seem limited. Try Fiss which is Seems similar.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You aren't kidding!!! Probs not enough to do when not skiing in Fiss? Trying to find out if there is a skating area in Fiss as at least that would be something for the eldest teen to do.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
These are small to medium sized villages - there will not be anything to do other than ski or mingle with other bored teens in whichever hotel you choose.
snow conditions
I'd avoid Munich, traffic on certain days and times is horrendous. Munich airport is a fair way north of the city and you need to be south. Far better to use Innsbruck only an hour from Serfaus by car (hire car). For accommodation try these Haus Carinthia, Haus Chrysanthis, pension-appartment Maria Theresa. The Hotel Micheluzzi is excellent, located at the lower end of the village. As others have said the underground makes access to the lift system at the top of the village from the lower end very easy, so location not an issue in that respect.
I would rather stay in Serfaus than Fiss or Ladis, but, as already pointed out, people book well ahead there, very popular with the Dutch and Germans who plan well ahead. As for the skiing excellent for all levels and extensive and it's high, though late on, March, is exposed to the Sun, so lower slopes slushy. Serfaus has a couple of apres-ski bars but is generally low key, probably due to the fact that it is popular with family groups.
snow conditions
davidthornton, I am also looking to go to Serfaus, although a bit later in the season (first week of April). I have googled and found Haus Carinthia and Pension Apartment Maria Theresia but can't find Haus Chrysanthis. Could you just confirm the spelling please
ski holidays
@JohnHSmith, sorry, Haus Chrysanth.
ski holidays
Danke sehr. Jetzt habe ich es gefunden
snow report
I have given up. I sat for hours emailing accommodation and responding yesterday to no avail; everywhere is booked. Such a frustrating process, with only one place having online booking so you email and hope they eventually email back. Lits haven't. Also quite a few websites with no translation, so a lot of google translate going on. Plus the prices are really high. I thought when I was looking at an option of Post Hotel for €6100 to sleep on a sofa bed it was time to stop!! Arghhh. Back to drawing board. I think as has been mentioned the fact it is the festival week isn't helping. Good luck Johnsmith - I think we have just been unlucky. It does look gorgeous and we may well revisit it next year.
snow report
Did you use the "non-binding enquiry" form on the Serfaus website?
snow conditions
Sorry it didn't work out - look again for 2019 at the end of Feb next year and you should get into either Hotels Bar or Lowe We also enjoy Madesimo in Italy as our other family destination which you could consider as quite a bit for teens to do Inc a full size hockey rink. Decent slopes for a week suiting all, great mountain restaurants at really good value all mixed in with some Italian chaos. Fly to Milan.
ski holidays
Give the tourist information office a call tel. +43/5476/6239 or email them info@serfaus-fiss-ladis.at
This will be my first trip to Serfaus so I can't say what will happen, but having done this several times in the past in other areas, I have always found them helpful and even in the height of high season I have been found somewhere, once about 1.5 kms away but perfectly acceptable.
When are you hoping to go stressedout? I have it in my head that you are looking at half term - is that right? If so, I think that this year most UK school half terms coincide with the main Fasching Carnival / Festival so it will be busy. Even so, there will be somewhere. For half term we have just booked at Kronplatz and although we normally stay in Sankt Vigilio, due to Fasching we are staying in Mantena which is fine with a ski bus or hire car.
We intend to try Serfaus at Easter though. As for flights, whilst Innsbruck is desireable, from the North there are very limited flights so we will be going to Munich if we fly. As we are planning to go at Easter, we are considering using the Good Friday holiday to get a ferry Newcastle / Amsterdam or Hull / Zeebrugge and then drive down
latest report
+1 to avoiding half term and choosing Easter. Easter is earlier next year so you get (hopefully) sunnier, longer days and most of the skiing is high so will be absolutely fine. Serfaus is great and would highly recommend.

If you do make it there and want a non skiing activity have a go at the piste bully ride, our kids loved it.
snow report
hd wrote:
Did you use the "non-binding enquiry" form on the Serfaus website?

I did. They sent back a few "live" vacancy properties (mainly in German) which were actually full when I emailed them all. Some of the property details were in German which I couldn't understand and were PDF so I couldn't cut and paste to google translate them. I queried this and they weren't interested, saying they were just the broker. Disappointing.
snow conditions
Ozboy wrote:
Sorry it didn't work out - look again for 2019 at the end of Feb next year and you should get into either Hotels Bar or Lowe We also enjoy Madesimo in Italy as our other family destination which you could consider as quite a bit for teens to do Inc a full size hockey rink. Decent slopes for a week suiting all, great mountain restaurants at really good value all mixed in with some Italian chaos. Fly to Milan.

Thanks. Sound advice about booking early next year, although Madesimo looks good also (especially the hockey rink).
snow conditions
JohnHSmith wrote:
Give the tourist information office a call tel. +43/5476/6239 or email them info@serfaus-fiss-ladis.at
This will be my first trip to Serfaus so I can't say what will happen, but having done this several times in the past in other areas, I have always found them helpful and even in the height of high season I have been found somewhere, once about 1.5 kms away but perfectly acceptable.
When are you hoping to go stressedout? I have it in my head that you are looking at half term - is that right? If so, I think that this year most UK school half terms coincide with the main Fasching Carnival / Festival so it will be busy. Even so, there will be somewhere. For half term we have just booked at Kronplatz and although we normally stay in Sankt Vigilio, due to Fasching we are staying in Mantena which is fine with a ski bus or hire car.
We intend to try Serfaus at Easter though. As for flights, whilst Innsbruck is desireable, from the North there are very limited flights so we will be going to Munich if we fly. As we are planning to go at Easter, we are considering using the Good Friday holiday to get a ferry Newcastle / Amsterdam or Hull / Zeebrugge and then drive down

Yes half term, unfortunately; such a shame about Fasching, as I do that has had a bearing. We will be flying, but as you say, Innsbruk is limited and Munich would definitely have been our choice. Hope you have a lovely time.
ski holidays
Rowlski wrote:
+1 to avoiding half term and choosing Easter. Easter is earlier next year so you get (hopefully) sunnier, longer days and most of the skiing is high so will be absolutely fine. Serfaus is great and would highly recommend.

If you do make it there and want a non skiing activity have a go at the piste bully ride, our kids loved it.

Sensible on half term front. Our kids have different holidays so easter not possible for us hence us going at half term Sad

I've always fancied a piste bully ride and will do it one day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy