Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Galtur or Kappl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I’m in Ischgl at the minute, I’ve got a “whole area” ski pass. Any recommendations whether either Galtur or Kappl is better than the other for visiting?. Thinking of heading to either one tomorrow for a change of scenery.

Thanks Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ive been on 2 weeks to Kappl before and heading again this Saturday. Previously I’ve not yet made it to Galtur so can’t comment on that. Kappl is a great Wee ski area with one really long run. Potentially you could cover it all in a morning so not sure how that would compare to Galtur. If you do head there and having lunch go to to more rustic restaurant at mid station ie not sunny mountain but the one closer to the chairlift (to the left as you ski down). Cracking pizzas when we were last there. Usually nice and quiet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've only been to Kappl once, a few years back now, and can't really remember, but was in Galtur a few weeks back. I think Kappl and Galtur are both similar in size. I recall that Kappl may have a sunnier aspect. Galtur though in my opinion is more scenic with some really lovely tree lined runs leading down to the lake and the old 2 man chairlift over on the far side has been replaced with a gondola this year. I'm sure you'll have a great day, wherever you end up snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SnowBeau,
I like both, if the weather is cold though, Galtur gets very cold, if the weather is warm , Kappl can be soft or icy.
January I'd go for Kappl, Match maybe Galtur.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looking at next weeks forecast which is sunny till Tuesday then constant snow/cloud. Do you think Galtur would be better than Ischgl for vis if more tree lined?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i was out there at christmas...
kappl - sunnier, a number of variations of long runs from the very top to the bottom in the valley, "motorway" piste for fast carving. Quite a compact area. A few black runs
galtur - more family oriented, shorter runs but more variety, with different areas to explore. The reservoir/dam is beautiful. Great hut for lunch at mid-station. Couple of areas you need to go on a T-Bar. My kids loved the fun slope. Some really nice black runs down to the car park.

Both would be a great day out. I preferred Kappl as I love long runs and carving, my wife preferred Galtur as it was beautiful and lots of areas to explore.

Some footage, particularly of the area above Galtur reservoir in the following video
http://youtube.com/v/xLgZovRTpZo
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski wrote:
Looking at next weeks forecast which is sunny till Tuesday then constant snow/cloud. Do you think Galtur would be better than Ischgl for vis if more tree lined?

I would rather be in Ischgl than Galtur in bad light, there is more below the trees.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@T Bar, thanks. Have only skied 3/4 days in Ischgl and from memory most was above tree line
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boabski, most of it is, but there is still a reasonable amount below tree line on the Ischgl side, virtually non on Samnaun. Stuff below Paznauner Thaya, an absolutely cracking ski route 3a from memory down the front, steep in places but in good snow a lot of fun, short runs below Idalp, the home runs are great before mid afternoon when they become crowded and icy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy