Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aosta Valley for a month

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Kingofthec,
I was only there for a few weeks but in my opinion you have it right!
Staying in Aosta its a 15min cable car to Pila , Aosta has nothing to do with skiing , its a good sized town , genuine too as it had the Cogne factory which employed thousands.
So it has plenty to do! loads of shops and fantastic Roman heritage.
I dont think you would see it all in a week , if you go in late season you can be in shirt sleeves in the square drinking coffee and skiing powder up in Pila.

The resort of Pila i really liked , slopes are almost too perfect they are that well maintained , i never got bored lapping runs as you can take slight variations each time.
Plenty of blue runs and challenging technical runs from the top , one of them was fairly steep and narrow.
Very confidence building the entire resort and the blues are perfect for practice
Park is fun too for a variation of the main blue slope , couple of tiny jumps and rails for beginners which were a laugh.
Dont know too much about the off-piste but loads of bits you can take between pistes , esp off the very top.
Only gripe would be the main lift could be upgraded.
food and drink decent and sensibly priced.

Also worth mentioning the ski park for kids , didnt go myself but looks like it was for toddlers

http://www.pila.it/en/activities/snow-fun/funpark-chacard/

Hope that helps
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's really helpful @hawkwind, thank you very much!

That little snow park sounds really good as well - next year will obviously be too early for my little one to be on skis or a board, but I want to get him on snow (in some shape or form) as soon as possible!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy