Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need an adjustable strap to attach skis to my Bandit backpack

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title states I need an adjustable strap that I can use to attach the skis to the top of my black diamond bandit backpack, as it seems to have got lost Puzzled

Black diamond have not got any, but its an old pack so not surprised

I have got this photo from the web

It is 20mm wide, about 50cm long and clips together, but the length adjustment locks in place with a lever, I have tried a strap with a simple pull through length adjustment, but with the skis wobbling as walking up it self adjusted and slipped all the time.

So I need a 20mm webbing type strap, about 50cm long, that clips together with a locking length adjustment

any ideas, thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Get a Kwiklok style mechanism. It is what is used on booster straps for ski boots and never lets go even after a day of constant pressure. Search on Amazon for lots of types and prices.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GlasgowCyclops, Excellent idea, will have a look, thank you
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Zorrac, yep slip into the existing loop you are holding and job done . Alternative name is "tie down straps"

EG PE no idea what the seller is like just an EG of the type of product.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=kwiklok&ref=nb_sb_noss_2&tag=amz07b-21
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=tie+down+straps&ref=nb_sb_noss_1&tag=amz07b-21

like these straps on my boots. The only difference is booster straps have the same material, same lock, but extra padded bit that says booster.
https://www.ellis-brigham.com/sidas-booster-strap-intermediate-advanced-710012?FT20Feed=00002763&FT20Prod=710012900076&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=1o2&scid=scplp710012900076&sc_intid=710012900076&gclid=CjwKCAjw8qjnBRA-EiwAaNvhwCLc5zB1i30oVy8IY06UZpTQ9FuEKcLBz8-b9-4dv5kz2uQj2m38whoCVJsQAvD_BwE
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alternatively get a Voile strap. Very useful for ski mcguyverism.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy