Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Many Irish Boarders or skiers on here?

Poster: A snowHead
@tman80, week before xmas was terrible, as were the next 2 weeks as well.....it didn't snow anywhere between mid Nov and early Jan. Will be risky no matter where you go, higher the better obviously, but also busy / expensive. Makes sense to hold off. If there is snowfall early December, you will still have loads of accommodation options that week.

Personally am so optimistic this year for early snow that I've blocked our apt for xmas instead of renting out. Been 4 years without mid December snow. I like those odds.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@langball, First time we went to PDS it was the week before xmas back in 2011 I think it was and the conditions were fantastic. There was fresh powder most of the week, be nice to have that again and yes maybe the alps are due a good start to season since the last few have been bad. We are fine to hold off as it is only two of us and we shouldn't see a problem getting last minute accomadation.

Really want to go to Tignes/ Val to try out a new area but it will all come down to whether we can get transfers sorted for our early flight.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm in Sligo, drove to Zell Am See for a season last year. Great craic!! Don't have the time for it this season but hopefully next season. For this season I've booked Ryanair flights for 10 days end of Jan to Munich. Going to travel around a bit, splitboard for the first couple of days and then either get SnowCard or Salzburg Super for 6 days and visit a couple of resorts
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm from Dublin, travel to Chamonix via Geneva most years for long weekends.

I went to Tignes once for a week with Crystal Ski but I like how handy Chamonix is and the fact you can get a half days boarding in the day you arrive.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GOS77, love to see how you string together your long weekends from Dublin. Got a few people that would be interested in your methods! snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Because of the early morning flight to Geneva with Aer Lingus and transfer with https://alpybus.com you can expect to be in Chamonix around midday. This is what makes the resort so good.

Staying around Chamonix Sud (which is great for the bus). We usually stay with https://www.snostation.com, but there are hostels and other options. Just look out for accommodation from Interhome. You have to pick up sheets and towels etc, and return them and the keys to the office. It's not ideal and can waste a few hours.

I hire my gear from http://www.localchx.com/ you can get fitted and they can get the boards set up while we check in and get changed, head for a lunch then come back and pick our gear up and head out for the afternoon to one of the easier green runs.

I'd recommend you start with Les Planards. With 2 greens, a blue and a red it's got enough to set us up for the weekend. But if you were feeling up for it you could head start up Bervant.

There is a daily snow report on youtube once the season starts up, I'd recommend subscribing to that. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiEBLNKHAFAYxiBYNQ4v-QA

I've got more info on the runs if you want to PM me.

Hope this helps.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GOS77, Cheers! Plenty to get my teeth stuck into there Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm Irish by birth and Cork by the grace of God Wink

I mostly ski lift served off piste. The lack of flights from Cork is a complete pain in ass & limits reachable resorts & the possibility of short trips. But c"est la vie.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I’m from the People’s Republic as well *but now based out of Amsterdam Mon-Fri). I’ve skied PdS for the past number of years and really enjoy it although it can get slushy on the run home. Thinking of trying Val Thorens this year. Any suggestions/recommendations welcome!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Corkman based in Barcelona here, normally hit the Pyrenees these Days (Baqueria, Les Angles, Pas De la Casa in Andorra).

Some mates have stared coming over in recent years and the early morning Aer Lingus flight into Barcelona plus car rental could get you onto the Andorran pistes by lunchtime.....Pas De La Casa is 2.5 hrs drive...Baqueria is a bit far though
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yes

BTW some very reasonably priced flights to Bergamo in Jan

some 21e each way, quiet a few 33 EW

Anyone know of anyone / anywhere in Dub to service skis , other than Snow and Rock
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dublin2, Have you had a bad experience at S&R in Dublin?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Im irish! We use ryanair quite a bit! Flew knock stanstead stansteaf geneva for 40 ! Im in flaine at the moment! Brought boots and hired skis! We tend to watch for good value flights then hire a car and pick a resort withen a two hour drive.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dublin2, definitely get them done in resort, or pick up the tools for sharpening & waxing and DIY
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Old Fartbag wrote:
@dublin2, Have you had a bad experience at S&R in Dublin?

Yes, takes em about ten days to service, and not done very well

Must do DIY, just need to see how to , not sure what tools etc
ski holidays
@dublin2, you don’t need much, waxing- iron, wax, scraper & brush. Edges - vice, sidewall remover, two files, and edge angle & clamp
ski holidays
By 'Irish Boarders' are you referring to gingerish blokes banging up timber cladding? Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy