Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When's the best time to contact Tourist Offices about hotel's next year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think the title sums this up. I'm arranging a 3 day trip for about 8 of us next year to Austria. Probably Schladming or Flachau and was going to contact the Tourist Offices to ask about accommodation and they normally put out a message to the resorts' hotels.

When do you think the best time to do this is? The sooner the better for us, but I'm not sure all hotels will have their prices ready for next year, or even be open at the moment in some cases?

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If the Austrian TOs are anything like the French and Italian I am in the process of contacting, there may only be a skeleton staff (if any....) just now as many seem to be having a bit of a holiday post-end of season, and ahead of the summer season. Email them anyway and be prepared for a slow response, but then go back in a few weeks if nothing comes back to you
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A lot of them wait quite a while as they offer/reserve rooms for their "regulars" to decide.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For shorter than full week sa-sa bookings in popular resorts like Flachau and Schladming your best option is short term. (Few weeks in advance)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@EdYarker, when next year? I wouldn't go with @Langerzug's suggestion necessarily - Flachau fills very quickly, especially in busy weeks. If you have a place you want then the sooner the better. That said if you don't really mind where you end up then a few weeks in advance would do and you might as well use Booking.com as places will not necessarily be looking at the tourist info emails that quickly if they are busy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I suspect it's probably too early at the moment. We book a hotel in Italy for half term and they always make a note now but don't do anything until after the the summer when they properly open the booking system and ask for a deposit.

Having said that why not ask the tourist office? They could always put out a message to the hotels now and let you know if the hotels say to come back to them in September.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks everyone for your replies. We are travelling on 24th Jan for 3 nights next year. Because we are a medium sized group I would feel more comfortable booking in sooner rather than later but I also think that it maybe a bit early now. I think I will go for it next month, when the Summer season should have started up and if nothing decent comes through, give it another go in the Autumn. Thanks once a once for all your replies.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy