Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Double ski bag help.

Poster: A snowHead
Se are looking for a double ski bag to take both our skis, poles and would like to pad clothes around as well.

The longest skis we have are 173cm and my bindings are quite bulky due to being knee safe. I would prefer padded and would like a decent quality as this is to go in planes.

I am tempted by

https://m.ellis-brigham.com/products/ellis-brigham-eb-2-pair-padded-185cm-ski-bag/705432

However I cant find the other dimensions, does anybody have this and know them?

I rather like the look of the Dakine ones. Is it worth paying the extra?

Any good deals anybody spotted?

Thanks for any help
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Regardless of what bag you end up getting. If you are having space issues due to larger bindings, use a trick I've been using for years to get 2 or more pairs in a single bag.
Put the skis in tip to tail with the bases out and the bindings and topsheets facing inwards. Smooth surface against the fabric of the bag and you stuff the space between your skis with clothes. I normally put something tough/sacrificial between bindings like a towel. Oh it's easier if you tie the brakes in the skiing position.
I got 5 pairs of skis in a (skinny) double bag flying home form Japan using this metod, had to remove one pair of bindings, but still scraped in under the 23kg luggage limit.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Idris, thanks for the tip.

The other bag I am looking at is the Salomon Extend double ski bag. Anybody have that one?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi

I had the same dilemma but for a single ski bag that I could get clothes into as well.

I went with the Dakine Low Roller bag - brilliant is all I can say. Sturdy, large volume and quite easy to pack skis and poles and then pad out with all my clothes. Ski boots travel as hand luggage and the job is a good'un Very Happy

Griggs
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Griggs, thanks, they do look good quality, though the attraction of the Salomon is it has much greater capacity and with 23kg allowance, and our skis and poles being ~11kg in total I can get a good amount d ski gear around them Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've got a dakine fall line double board bag that even though it says 175cm has a good few inches spare at the end and it stores 3 boards without bindings, 2 pairs of skis, 1 pair of poles and various snowboard tools in it. When we use it for travel it fits a board, bindings, boots, skis & poles and a couple of helmets along with salopette padding so would easily do 2 lots of big skis. It passed through BA inclusive fare luggage easily at half term dimension wise and was under 23kg too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Douchebag

It's holds 2 pairs of skis, adjustable for length and enough space for boots, helmet and some clothes. Bit expensive at 219eur
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ordered a Dakine double ski bag - 190cm so JUST come in under BAs skis as hold baggage allowance. Found it half price somewhere (would give a link but they have obviously sold out as page isn't there any more). I arrived today and I am pleased with the quality and fit. Time will tell but thanks for all the input.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@NickyJ,
Mine is 195 and it I was asked how long it was once on a BA flight. I must admit I did tell a little white lie (well the skis in it were only 185s). I have since scratched off the label that said 195.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@musher, Happy due to it being dead on the max length I was slightly nervous and thinking I may need to try and compress the length, I am now suitably reassured Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've never seen any ski bags being measured, often they aren't even weighed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@NickyJ, recently bought a fischer 3 skis bag. Solved our problems of our twin bags not being quite wide enough and nowhere near as big or heavy as our Head Monster bag. Can't remember where we got it from - was online
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does it make a difference if a bag is padded or not? Would padding make a difference to minor or bigger impacts Either when handled or transported?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mooney058, difficult to say but for wheeled double ski bags like the Dakine Fall Line, the padding seems to reinforce the bag - they're very durable. I bought a wheeled, unpadded Douchebag 'slim Jim' a couple of years ago and it was destroyed by the baggage handlers on the outbound leg of its first ski trip - I had to wrap it in duck tape for the return.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'd be wary about splashing the cash on any ski bag...

Over the years we've had so many new bags ripped or badly scuffed (to ripping point) on their first trip that we are now surprised when our ski bag turns up undamaged. Sad

Baggage handlers even managed to cave in the end of our plastic ski tube
when we tried one of them! On that occasion it seemed like the only way that level of damage could have occurred was by treating the ski tube like a caber - thus proving that baggage handlers literally are tossers! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@Bergmeister, £43 delivered, I didn't think was too bad. Certainly cheaper than added another bag onto the airline booking.
latest report
NickyJ,

A good deal indeed! Worth it even for a few trips.
ski holidays
I paid a fair bit more for my Evoc but it is still in near perfect condition after 5 seasons. Just a little scuffing inside where the ski tails rub - I'm putting a newspaper under them now.
latest report
I was hoping that I'd be able to snag an end of season bargain like you @NickyJ, but the fall line double (190) seems to be sold out everywhere. Guess I'll have to hunt next season.
snow conditions
@RichClark, one advantage with ours over the fall line is it is lighter (ok no wheels or pockets for the boots, but those we will spread through the other bags).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy