Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What sort of moron ....

Poster: A snowHead
skis around with a backpack blasting out loud music? 😣😣 Usually banal French rap but other genres too, even Wagner once (although I'm no expert). I bump into one most days, even on chairlifts and the funiculaire (although he was very quickly told to shut it). Not restricted to french, other nationalities too. Most annoying, just enjoy the mountains! Rant over 😁😎
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pinky Big Wink Big Wink good lord Rap music is bad enough. French rap music would be terrible. Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied with someone in a group like that he somehow thought he was super cool,he also had the same sound track it seems how odd.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@meandrew, I'm afraid I would have refused to ski with him.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sooo anoying and child like this guy was in his 40,s I only did 2 days in his company.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Saw 3 or 4 early in the season. Not one since then. Idiots probably fed up of people telling them to turn it off.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter S wrote:
Pinky Big Wink Big Wink good lord Rap music is bad enough. French rap music would be terrible. Sad

rap.... music with a silent C Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
meandrew wrote:
Skied with someone in a group like that he somehow thought he was super cool,he also had the same sound track it seems how odd.

Did you ask him to turn it off?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
MikeM wrote:
Peter S wrote:

rap.... music with a silent C Toofy Grin

Musi ?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Recently someone got onto a chairlift with me, just the two of us, with speakers blaring out Maroon 5 or something awful like that. He actually only switched it on as we left, I thought it was so odd. Like smoking when there's only two of you on a lift and you don't know the other person
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have also seen it at St Anton. A "Look at me, I am so cool" twerp.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ulmerhutte, I've seen him too in St Anton, people were stopping and laughing at him, especially kids - looked a complete plonker! rolling eyes
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The last lift of the EoSB for me had one of those on - again, just switched on as we got onto the lift. Stupidly loud too. Mind boggling why people do it.

I've also had people light up (on their own) on lifts next to me as well without asking if I mind. I soon tell them I do.

They're probably the same people who cut you up whilst they're shooting past at high speed down a blue run.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does the same consideration apply to terrible pub singing of the melody to My Way even on a lift shared with friends? Embarassed
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dave of the Marmottes, must say I enjoyed being on a lift in the Dolomites with Pam_w, The Dormouse and El Hen, learning and singing rugby songs under Pam_w's excellent tutelage. wink
Edit: mind you, three out of the four of us are keen choral singers, so the performances were of a good quality. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Is this the mumsnet thread?
latest report
@blahblahblah, Puzzled
snow conditions
Hurtle wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes, must say I enjoyed being on a lift in the Dolomites with Pam_w, The Dormouse and El Hen, learning and singing rugby songs under Pam_w's excellent tutelage. wink
Edit: mind you, three out of the four of us are keen choral singers, so the performances were of a good quality. Toofy Grin

oh I can't wait for the, high brow, a capella version of Dickie Dina, next time we meet up Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

@ulmerhutte, I've seen him too in St Anton, people were stopping and laughing at him, especially kids - looked a complete plonker!

Sounds like the Euro version of the GSA
(https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/239662-The-Gaper-Spirit-Animal)
latest report
On one trip I was coaching some kids who had been watching The Lion King on the bus on the way out. They would start singing something from it whenever we got in a gondola. Usually it was just us in a car but sometimes a stray punter would jump in with us and have to listen to it all the way up.

I came across a few people playing loud music on the slopes this winter too.
snow report
Spot the miserable old people wink
snow report
Its the all about me generation!

Seriously, it must confuse the blind skiers that ski behind a guide wearing 2 speakers at an angle. I assume they are skiing to a null point between the noises.
snow conditions
@Hurtle, Crossed thread, not directed at you. Some of the comments on here could easily be followed by AIBUOJBAA or some such mix of letters.
snow conditions
I never mind people having a sing song or whatever! But I always take issue with people inflicting their solitary listening musical choices on those around them..
ski holidays
Saw it once in Austria a few years ago but never seen it in Norway or Finland during the last 5 years. Perhaps it's a cultural thing.
snow conditions
The curse of the Bluetooth speaker, saw quite a few (always blokes) skiing with speaker blasting out in Paradiski this season. The mindset that thinks this is acceptable, or even cool, is beyond comprehension. An example of technology overtaking taste. Likewise people smoking on chairlifts, but then I tend to feel that anyone still smoking in the face of science and fact is sadly self-deluded about the impact upon their health.
ski holidays
Had the displeasure of being on a gondola with someone like that last week, can't work out why he though that the rest of us needed to hear his music. I've got headphones anyway so just turned my own music up.

I like occasionally having music on, it adds to the experience for me, but never feel the need to share it with others.

Also shared a lift with a guy earlier in the season who felt the need to play Back In Black. Seemed completely at odds while sat sedately on a slow lift
latest report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:

Also shared a lift with a guy earlier in the season who felt the need to play Back In Black. Seemed completely at odds while sat sedately on a slow lift

Famously used to be Shaun White's psyche up track of choice apparently.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dave of the Marmottes, it's a good physche up track, have it on my own playlist. Just not sure it works when you play it as soon as you get on a lift and then sit still for a few minutes after the song's finished.
snow conditions
rjs wrote:
On one trip I was coaching some kids who had been watching The Lion King on the bus on the way out. They would start singing something from it whenever we got in a gondola. Usually it was just us in a car but sometimes a stray punter would jump in with us and have to listen to it all the way up.

Singing is exuberance. I've no problem with that. Playing recorded music is ass-hattery.
ski holidays
That said, several years ago I was on a London commuter train and a rather scruffy man got on the train with what could only be described as a ghetto blaster. My heart sank, and looking around you could see all the concerned commuters. He turned it on.. and out came the theme from "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly". Smiles and laughter throughout the carriage and for the first (and probably last..) time ever on that train, people actually talked to each other! The bloke walked through the carriage to the next carriage and I presume through the rest of the train, sharing a bit of laughter on the usually dour commute.
ski holidays
We were in Sansicario several years ago and a gaggle of English school girls were in the same restaurant and obviously had this thing where one starts chanting then they all replied getting louder and louder each time.

Annoying, not even funny and from where I was sitting it looked quite embarrasing (for them).
latest report
We walked through Munich airport the other year and everywhere there were British girls singing "Let it Go". That was quite painful.
snow report
I was in a lift queue with a friend and child on New Years Day a few years ago in front of 4 young French girls all singing some sort of round, but not Frere Jacques. They were so absorbed in their singing that they didn't notice the 3 year old we were helping onto the chair, and two of them shot through the gate, leaving me to be knocked to the floor. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
On the piste I can laugh and and then lose him. On the lift......that annoys me.
snow report
I came across one kn*bhead with one of these this Feb in La Thuile, he was a Brit, had Kings of Leon blasting out, all the noise went backwards, anyone behind him in the lift que got the full brunt of it.
Totally unnecessary and inconsiderate, so fess up if your reading this, I did ask (shout) for you to turn it off, but you couldn't hear anyone 😱👎
snow report
Funny you mention it. I've never come across it before, but on a recent long weekend in Zermatt, two mobile music backpackers cruised by (not at the same time). Can't help think it's catching on. Grrrr!
ski holidays
I think I counted 3 speakers blaring from backpacks in VT last week.

All males, late 20s.

Nobs.

However, I do like a but of a singsong now and then, when the mood takes me. I began singing 'Insane in the membrane, insane on Moraine' as we shepherded the kids onto that lift, Friday afternoon...
snow conditions
Thank heavens I didn't see/hear any of these backpack speakers in VT. I have a VERY low noise tolerance threshold of music I'm not actually intending to listen to or make.
ski holidays
@Hurtle, I can just imagine you gliding down the slopes with The Messiah emanating from your backpack 😋
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy