Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booking a short stay in a resort difficult!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all
looking to stop 3 mid week nights in Montgenevre next March, and even when trying to search to get an idea of prices, I get a lot of no availability coming up.
Obviously because its early but also because the main venues want to sell weeks and wont release price per nights. Also what prices I do see are more expensive than a good hotel per night in Rome!
wonder if anyone has any tips to get round these and get a better deal.
the 3 nights are part of an Italian rail trip we are taking, and because of non skier I have agreed 2 days skiing will satisfy me lol
thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whenever I have had short trips to Montgenevre I have stayed down in Briancon.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try airbnb?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@cockerhoop, have you tried one of the hotel finders like www.booking.com ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have always contacted hotels direct by email and found they are quick to respond. If you compose one standard email it doesn't take too much effort. By booking direct we usually get a better price and choice of room than booking through an agent.

I booked a 4 night short break over Feb half term this year in Austria with only trying around 4 or 5 hotels. Have just booked another short break, again during Feb half term for next year so it is possible.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@cockerhoop, in or out of vacances scolaires? Out of you should find something, I'd have thought, but many places, especially independents won't even have thought pf prices yet.

AirBnB maybe a route to look at.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
try Hotel Clari in Claviere - we once booked it for a one night stay prior to a week in Montgenevre.

I think it will be tricky to get anything in Monty itself as most places will want week long bookings.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@cockerhoop, it is probably very unlikely that anyone will have prices and availability for next March online at the moment for short breaks. Hotels are winding down, chalets closing and heading off for their holidays. The Tourist office might be a good place to start, but only later in the year. I have my own apartment on ABB, I do have prices on my website, but would not release dates on ABB or similar sites until a few weeks before.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@cockerhoop,
As @Hells Bells, says, I think you are too early to book short breaks. My experience of booking short breaks (quite a lot) is you need to do it nearer the time when the hotels begin to know that they will not get enough full week bookings to fill capacity.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would recommend you contact Gerry and Jenny at Ski Etoile in Montgenevre. They manage a lot of apartments and can sort out short breaks. We have used them twice now, and planning to book with them again next season. Highly recommend.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i am liking the look of Ricky's B&B in Claviere, but will wait until nearer the time, thanks for all the help
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stayed at Alpis Cottis in the end a good base for our stay
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cockerhoop wrote:
hi all
looking to stop 3 mid week nights in Montgenevre next March, and even when trying to search to get an idea of prices, I get a lot of no availability coming up.
Obviously because its early but also because the main venues want to sell weeks and wont release price per nights. Also what prices I do see are more expensive than a good hotel per night in Rome!
wonder if anyone has any tips to get round these and get a better deal.
the 3 nights are part of an Italian rail trip we are taking, and because of non skier I have agreed 2 days skiing will satisfy me lol
thanks

I stayed a couple of nights at Montgenevre. They have camping for campervans close to the lifts. I just turned up and there was plenty of spaces, however it depends on the timing as to whether or not it will be busy.

I then drove on to Italy, but turned back to France as there was not such a welcome for campervans in Italian resorts like Sestriere and Sauze d'Oulx.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy