Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanted - 140 SL skis for youth

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got some Fischer rc4s for the boy, but they are sooo heavy, he is a slim and light child, and while we need stiff skis for race clinic the Fischers have too much mass. Anyone out there with some lighter Elan SLs or atomic race series skis? Many thanks all..
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@valais2,
Is it the ski, or have you got the Z11/12 bindings on them?

The mushette is a stick insect and skis quite nicely on the 130's with Z11s.
snow report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@musher, thanks for the reply. They have Z11 bindings on them, with a full plate; these:

http://www.skibartlett.com/ski-race-c6/race-skis-bindings-c20/slalom-skis-c75/fischer-rc4-worldcup-sl-junior-slalom-race-skis-135cm-2017-skis-only-p11506

but the 2012 model - and they are about twice the weight of Atomic Race 8's - which are toys, really, but the extra swing weight of the Fischers can be an issue when really hauling the gates.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@valais2,

spyderjon was a bit surprised by the weight when he mounted ours.

Quite a few kids use the RC4s but with the FJ7 binding that is obviously a lot lighter.
ski holidays     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
God they must be heavy. My kids were on Atomic Redster SLs for a while and I thought those were heavy!
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was on 165 Doubledecks last week and I don't think there was much weight difference between them and the RC4s.

A quick google makes the Doubledecks 5.5kg, the RC4s are 5.3kg.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@musher, interesting re Jon C - was that 'surprised heavy' or 'surprised light' - I assume the former? Do you think I will get them down that much by putting on other bindings?
snow conditions     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@valais2, I think you need to compare like with like, the RC4s you have are probably comparable to the Atomic Redsters @jedster, mentions which are probably a similar weight. I know quite a lot of lighter, younger race kids are using the fisher skis because they have a softer flex (longitudinally) than most other genuine race skis.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can't remember the exact phrase, but Jon thought they were surprisingly solid for kids skis and said that the bases looked good.

Terry Bartlett recommended the RC4s for a skinny girl, so that was plenty good enough for me.

The FJ7's are significantly lighter than the Z11s. The FJ7s are 1.3kg, the Z11s are about twice that. Most of the weight is in the plate and the bindings. The skis themselves aren't that heavy and are similar to other kids race skis.
snow report     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy