Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scarpa Ski Boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody got any feed back on Scarpa Pegasus Turing ski boot.
I hired a pair wihilst we went touring near La Grave last week and they fitted like gloves, and then when it was time to ski down they was just as good in ski mode.
I don't think you can still buy them as they I believe they have been superseded by a new model but it would be nice to here from any one who can comment on them or the new version
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They look a lot like the maestrale; I have a pair and like it a lot.

Loads of good reviews online too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Are they good to ski in as well as I intend to ski 60% tour 40%
I think the maestrale are the replacmemt for the Pegasus, the most recent model, what sort of bindings do you use with the boots
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like the (discontinued but still available) Maestrale GT was the replacement for the Pegasus. The key difference is in the plastics used. The regular (orange) Maestrale is largely pebax rnew, the Maestrale RS is grilamid and the Maestrale GT is largely PU. On that basis I'd expect the GT to flex a bit more like a regular ski boot as it is made out of the same plastic and also be heavier.

If you are interested in the Maestrale line, I'd probably look at the RS if downhill performance is a concern.

I was less concerned by uphill performance and went for the Freedom SL, which fits differently. It is roughly the same weight as the Pegasus/GT but skis like a regular alpine boot. That comes at the cost of less range of motion in walk mode. It is a boot for someone wanting to use a touring boot to ski from lifts a lot.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Grandad, How're you doing?

Still knackered from that walk!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Gordon, sorry for late reply as just got back from Cabo Verde where we had a super time kitesurfing.

That was a great day wasn't it, great introduction to ski touring, I am already looking to change my kit for touring boots and touring bindings.

Also looking to go to that area for the snow kiting next year in the camper.

How's the nags, still paying for your film star life style Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@gorilla,

Thanks for the feed back on the Scarpa Ski boots, sorry for late reply as been away playing again, it's good being an OAP
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@colin franklin, Laughing nags good thanks, how's yours?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Keeps throwing shoes, grand daughters is hopefully getting back interested in him again which is good it will help keep her out of mischief and free up my time.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Throwing shoes better than throwing you!

I've got some edited highlights of Serre Chevalier including both you, Clive and me going splat. I'll pm everyone links.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy