Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste Skis - downhill type

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
First post here - used the forum in the past for reading but not for posting

I've owned a pair of Fischer all mountain skis for nearly 5 years - Fischer Motive 86 (175cm) - and I really like them - been good on all the trips ive been on
But I am beginning to get a little bit bored of them - the salesman did tell me the skis will likely last 10 years but you may be bored of them in 5 - seem he was right
I dont do a huge amount of off-piste skiing but the fischers have been good off piste when i have
- but could happily do a trip all on piste if i was on main piste skis and if i went to a resort which was big on off piste could take the fischers instead
Am not a huge fan of the big carver skis - quite like the straighter ones - more like a downhill/gs race ski - though not going to be doing any actual competition racing

Was looking at the Head World Cup Rebel skis - found a few that are nearly the sort that i like the sound of but nothing quite right
Looking for something a bit longer than my current 175cm skis but don't think I want to get anything much longer than 190cm.
Dont want to spend a fortune if i can avoid it, and ideally dont want to have to get bindings drilled afterwards - happy getting skis with adjustable bindings

This was probably the closest i'd found:
http://www.snowleader.co.uk/en/wc-rebels-igsr-ab-pr11-2017-HEAD00113.html?size=180%20cm

I guess am after some suggestions - can give more info to help narrow it down but want something a bit different
Ideally i guess would like to go with a ski ive tried but happy to go on ratings/reviews

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's not the skis, it's the skier...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy It is indeed - still, without the skis there is no skier
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stonysleep Very Happy

No suggestions on skis (not enough experience) just wanted to say welcome to snowheads.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stonysleep, on a more serious note, you don't actually say why you're bored with them, nor what you really want.

Difficult to buy a poor ski these days.

Do you think you have just outgrown them and want something a little more performant?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all and apologies for not replying back till now

Very valid questions under_a_new_name:
I tend to agree that am sure I will be happy with whatever I go for
The reason I think I am getting bored with them is no criticism of the skis more that skiing on the same skis each trip while I know that the skis will be good I am almost getting too used to how they perform. In addition to the realisation that I am spending most time on piste, having all mountain skis are not taking advantage of the piste as much
To satisfy both and because i feel like buying new skis i thought something different, something longer, something more designed for the piste, and because it could be fun something faster.

So in answer to you last question not necessarily grown out of the or more performant, just different
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@stonysleep, how heavy are you? that will affect the length of ski you go for.

Sounds like a GS cheater ski maybe fun but you will need to "drive" them rather than park and ride? I have this model (from a few years back) that I am very pleased with.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/skitests/ski.aspx/2016/Volkl-Code-Speedwall-L-UVO

this ski was also on my shortlist, but got a very good deal on the Speedwall L Smile

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/membersonly/skitests/ski.aspx/2016/Atomic-Redster-XTi
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I am almost getting too used to how they perform

Why is this a bad thing? I did circa 360 days on my last skis and other than being delighted from an economic view, the fact I knew exactly what the skis would do given control inputs meant I had one less thing to worry about.

Fischer Motive 86s are not true all mountain skis afaics. Bit piste oriented, bit intermediate.

Different skis aren't faster. You just might feel more comfortable going faster. I back to backed Blizzard Bonafides vs Elan Ripstick 98s (?) or something at the start of the season and the Blizzards gave me as much confidence as my 203 SGs and the Ripsticks as much as my Mum's 1970s Compact 150s. I still can't find the red line on the Bonafides.

How heavy are you? 175s not necessarily that short...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They are almost giving away 35m radius GS skis at the moment wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy