Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski storage at home in garage

Poster: A snowHead
Having a new garage door fitted as prompted a bit of spring cleaning and re-organisation. Up until now our ski's have been stacked up in a bundle in a corner.

How do people store their'? Any nifty brackets or set ups people use to store them away neatly?

We've got rafters under the roof and thinking they might be a good place.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mine stand on their tails against a wall in the spare bedroom .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I keep mine in a climate controlled room, on a purposely designed anti warp support system.

Also know as a table in the cellar.
Actually they sometimes go on the attic floor depending on where we unpacked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mine are the same as your @Layne just bunged in the corner with a pile of other longish tools ..
But my ski poles come to bed with me each night and I fall asleep with my arms around them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some live in my office, the others live in the utility room hanging on some nice racks from Ski Bartlett.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thing is with 4-6 sets of ski's + a couple of snowboards + poles it gets a bit messy. And space is at a premium in our garage with the bicycles, surfboard (not mine!), wine, beer (mine) bog roll storage, etc., etc. So anything I can do to mimimise clutter would be a blessing.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Layne,
Use the bog roll, drink the beer and wine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles wrote:
Mine stand on their tails against a wall in the spare bedroom .
+1, but in a wardrobe behind the clothes. Completely out of the way and dry. Mind you, some people with large quivers of skis might not have sufficient wardrobes in the house to do this. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Hurtle, @achilles, I park mine the same way snowHead

But @Hurtle, never mind running out of wardrobe space, I'll soon be running out of walls to line 'em up against, if I carry on like this! Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@snowglider, Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Layne, When I had my own skis I screwed a couple of L-shaped shelf brackets to the garage wall and stored them up there in their ski bag. Kept them out of the way and the brackets were large enough to hang a few other bits and pieces from.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I store all ours on a pair of large wooden brackets above head height and above my work bench. Out of the way and also useful for sail storage.

I got the idea from another snow head. Thanks !

I found the best way to store the sticks is to hang them by the wrist straps from a large cycle hook on the garage wall. They're accessible but don't get in the way.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Crikey what tidy lives you all live!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have camming wall racks, they come in strips, similar to these...

http://www.race-werks.com/power-grips-ski-storage-unit/

Or you can make your own...

https://img0.etsystatic.com/069/0/6121389/il_fullxfull.813852480_mirf.jpg
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

But my ski poles come to bed with me each night and I fall asleep with my arms around them.

I found that taking a ski pole to bed was the most effective way to deal with a snorer in the other bed in a twin room
Very Happy
latest report
This isn't my set up, but I'm using the same brackets screwed into the garage ceiling.

Two pairs of skis on the actual bracket, another pair hanging below with bungees, all the sticks hanging under the other side again with bungees. We still have 2 pairs free standing but Jnr uses one of these pairs weekly all year round.

Really cheap solution https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002QS0ICY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amz07b-21

I fixed mine to the ceiling then did a few pull ups from each of them as I didn't want the brackets and the skis falling down on top of my bikes below!
ski holidays
The rental shop stores mine.

Well, theirs TBH...
snow conditions
@hammerite, that's a very pleasing set-up. Very Happy
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
@Layne, When I had my own skis I screwed a couple of L-shaped shelf brackets to the garage wall and stored them up there in their ski bag. Kept them out of the way and the brackets were large enough to hang a few other bits and pieces from.

This, but I screwed some bits of 2"x1" onto the tops and store four pairs on it.
latest report
Oh yeah, they're over the top of an access door too; so they don't nick any usable wall space.
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
@hammerite, that's a very pleasing set-up. Very Happy

My brackets aren't as wide as the ones in that photo, so my skis don't lay flat. It's not quite as pleasing as that photo, but it does the trick. I'll take a photo tomorrow.
snow report
mine are stored between the roof supports/rafters -- be warned, garage storage can lead to rusty edges...
snow report
Rust comes off on the first run...
snow report
Ours are all under the bed, in ski bags. Couldn't put the bags out in the garage, the mice would destroy them.
snow report
ski holidays
@Pumba, what the hell is going on there?
ski holidays
Layne wrote:
@Pumba, what the hell is going on there?

+1. Looks great, but also looks like magic is occurring!
snow report
Here's my set up...

snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pumba's are just hooked over using the brake arms, no?
ski holidays
I store mine in the loft which gets quite hot on sunny summer days. Is that a bad idea?

Could use the garage if that's a better bet.
ski holidays
Orange200 wrote:
Pumba's are just hooked over using the brake arms, no?
That's what it looks like, still amazed they balance that well.
latest report
They are indeed hooked over using the brake arms, however, the ski that they are hooked over is about 600mm away from the wall thus leaving room for them to hang. A couple of blocks of wood attached to the wall securely, then the ski drilled through and attached to the blocks of wood. Works very well.@hammerite, the magic happens on the slopes!!!!! I wish!
latest report
L shaped metal brackets fixed high up in garage. Not in bags, sitting on their bases. Usually put layer of wax on to store.
snow conditions

My setup
snow report
Pumba wrote:
They are indeed hooked over using the brake arms, however, the ski that they are hooked over is about 600mm away from the wall

I'm guessing 60mm Smile
snow conditions
I rent skis but my boots come to bed with me every night . Tell me that's not wrong Puzzled
snow report
Not wrong just a novel air freshener I guess Very Happy
snow report
Anyone ever tried a magnetic knife holder? Wondering if a couple of them would hold a pair of skis on the outside of a wardrobe. Is there enough metal in the edges to hold the weight?
ski holidays
I'm currently converting the now non-functional outside staircase to the lower floor of the new house into a ski cellar Madeye-Smiley

Building a door halfway down and roofing the lower half. Will post pics when it is finished.
snow report
Laying down in the converted loft. Layer of wax across the bases and edges to protect them over the summer months. Always stored them this way and never had any issues.

Griggs
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy