Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone in Livigno?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I find I will be there for a couple of days (Thursday/Friday) this week, and will likely get a couple of hours skiing on Frisay. Anyone there to advise on current conditions Puzzled

TIA
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there last week (came home Saturday). The conditions were pretty decent spring snow; hard until softened by the sun. On the Motolino side the Trepalle runs softened first so we did those first thing and then the runs on the Livigno Valley side were good from mid morning onwards, and really nice in the afternoon (but getting more slushy in the treeline). The run along the ridge stayed sweet all day, until you dropped below the gondola station, where it softened.

On the Carosella side, the Federia runs were hard in the morning, softening nicely in the afternoon, never got slushy. The run along the ridge from the top of the 16 chair (heading toward Costaccia was lovely all week, as were the top 2/3 of the runs from the 19 chair, the lower section of these runs started the day hard, and then softened, but not too much... the blue under chair number 28 was also good all day.

Obviously the runs serviced by the valley drags were very soft at the end of day and a few have closed since we came home.

But all in all we were very happy with the state of the snow (my kids loved the very soft snow in the afternoon). Everything was open last week, but I realise that the sun takes its toll quickly on the snow at this time of year...

If you literally only have a couple of hours to ski, my bet would be to go to the Carosella side if those precious hours are only in the morning, or the Motolino side if you will be skiing only in the afternoon. Hope this helps...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you @jilly, that's very helpful It will be morning, most likely, so will head to the Carosello
Thanks again 👍
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Update on this - am leaving Livigno this morning after 2 very busy days (1 with business, the 2nd skiing) and have been very impressed. Skied on Mottolino side in the morning, and Carosello in the afternoon - this was the opposite of @jilly, advice above, but the way it worked out as we had a local instructor to guide us for 1/2 a day and this was what worked for her. Considering it's mid-April, and there is no snow in the village or lower down the slopes, the conditions were great yesterday - morning was a bit icy, with lots of sugary artificial snow, but fine really, and the Carosello was great in the afternoon. Add in blue skies, sunshine and very few people, and it was a great day skiing. Legs are feeling it today though Shocked

Setting off now back into Austria for a day/night in St Anton - not likely to be skiing but there are worse ways of spending the day Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pleased to hear you had a good time and it all worked out well Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy