Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for 4-6 week trip for winter 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Folks,

planning a 4 to 6 week trip for next winter. My wife for health reasons wasn't able to ski this season so we hope to make up for it next year by driving out to Europe from the UK and bringing the dog. Well she likes playing in snow. Very Happy Italy, probably the Dolomites currently fav. That said I'm quite keen on Austria as well. Our only experience to date is flying out for our annual week in the snow so this will no doubt be a learning experience.

Are sites like www.hometogo.co.uk and www.ownersdirect.co.uk the way to go to source accomodation?

As we'll have the car with us, my thought is to get something outside a resort, say 15-20 minutes drive and hopefully get larger accommodation i.e. 2+ bedrooms that folk can visit while we're there. Anything else we should think about at this stage?

Thanks for your advice,
Mark.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spot on - when I looked into this I concluded that putting myself somewhere in Tirolcard or Superski within an hour's drive of lots of places but in a non resort town (maybe with a swimming pool) was optimal. Didn't go anywhere with that particular idea.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rocksm91, airbnb.co.uk - tiscover.com plus the resort websites are usually offer alot of options.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rocksm91, I started a similar thread last year. Although our preference is for France, you might find some if the info helpful:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=126885&highlight=season
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rocksm91, JanetS and I did 5 weeks in Ski Amade this season. Very good value, season pass for Amade is only 573euro, and covers shedloads of skiing, and if you want the Salzburger Superski is only a couple of hundred euro more. We rented a couple of apartments in Flachau, which is well situated for lots of resorts - quite a bit accessible by ski-bus, and lots more within 45 minutes by car.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rocksm91, you can look on many of the major listing sites as you say above, although hometogo is just a consolidator that searches many places for you. Many of these charge both guests and owners huge booking fees and commissions , which might run into a large amount for a longer stay. If you find something you like have a look on Google and see if it is advertised elsewhere, and you may save both you and the grateful owners some cash. Resort tourist office may also be a good place to look once you have decided on a location.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks for your advice. We need to do a lot more research.

Cheers,
Mark.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy