Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute niggles, mobile phone data plan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
36 hours til I head out for family ski trip...

So, I planned on updating / ensuring all addons etc purchased for various mobile phones for the family to ensure we have data coverage etc.

When I came to add-on EU 'feel at home' data to my wife's phone, I am told no - by both website and subsequent call to mobile provider helpline.

Now, when I 'upgraded' contract last December, I 'took advantage' of a lower cost 'essential plan', knowing it would not allow 'feel at home' as standard. However, shop assistant (not a website, not a call centre operator) assured me I could 'add-on' later for a month if needed. (This appealed, as the cost of a month add on for our two annual trips abroad being more cost effective than the annual contract price for the advanced plan - and don't get me wrong, I specifically stressed this point with shop assistant til I was satisfied we both understood what we were talking about)

So, as now discovered, you can't add on. My choices, accept a £5 a day EU roaming charge. After I brief discussion with call centre operator, I was passed to the customer relations folks. Some discussion later, and I was offered choices.... They could upgrade me to the advanced plan, and offer me a discount to cover the extra charge. But it wouldn't take effect til 25th April (billing cycle) so was nice, but useless for a trip we start on Sunday...

The next offer was to take a PAYG SIM... Which would mean my wife has a different number ... And they would credit the account £20 top up which would allow us to use data abroad. After discussing that this really was the only option (and we couldn't add other discounts / changes to the my wife's current account), I have accepted this, and for my trouble they have kindly kept the offer of upgrading to the advanced plan with the discount. (Which will save similar issue when we go way in the summer, and wife has girly weekend in Portugal)

All in, whilst frustrating, mobile operator has 'done ok' as far as helping / resolving the situation, so I am left broadly a 'satisfied' customer.

Just sharing in case any one else finds themselves in similar situation...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's so much wifi around these days, I've not found it a problem to not have data. Is it essential to have data 24/7?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Being prepared. We are in same Chalet as last year, wifi wasn't great but mobile coverage excellent. If it's improved this year, then all the better.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy