Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ACL fix scheduled

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello lovely people ..who have been super supportive 😀....saw my new consultant yesterday ...Christopher Bailey in Hampshire , seems to know his stuff and is much nicer and easier to talk to than previous consultant ....now tibial plateau fracture healed , ACL reconstruction scheduled for 2 May ..saw MRI of ACL and will try and upload it if I can figure out how ...Lachman test positive , coupled with 'snap' sound and instability opting for surgery so I am good for next season ....any advice about long rehab very welcome ...I have managed to get on a static bike now so ROM pretty good but leg strength puny !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Skiingruby, I have heard it is nigh on impossible to build muscle without the ACL. Do what you can before the op bit is is scary how much muscle too loose! Tbh I only equalised my muscle mass when I wrecked my OTHER knee years later. Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Best of luck with the op
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you x
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NickyJ, I think you must be able to build up muscle strength (mass a separate issue but can't see fundamental issue either) as it's an effective prerequisite of rehab pre ACLR or as part of rehab for living without one. You can still do pretty much all exercises, no biochemical or physiological reason that I'm aware of once healing processes and swelling finished.
I hope so, anyway - I'm already equalised, with no ACL either side!

@Skiingruby, best of luck with op & rehab.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Skiingruby, good luck. From having been through it it is good to get your hamstrings in good condition - strong and supple - beforehand. That will mean they can take a good graft, give you good residual strength post-op and good length as it will be a few months before you can stretch them at all. The other muscle that gets hit is the VMO - the tennis ball sized muscle on the inside of the knee on top that shows when you straighten your leg fully. That is the one that will waste a lot as it gets affected badly by swelling and only really engages when you have got full straightening sorted out after a couple of months.

Post op - focus more on swelling and ROM than strength. Get them sorted and the strength will return quicker. Building muscle with a swollen knee is like pushing water uphill.

Best of luck.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy