Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dynafit Beast Parts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got the following Dynafit Beast spare parts which are no longer available now that the Beasts have been discontinued. All are either brand new or ex shop display etc. Prices are collected (& are about half of the trade cost price) or postage will be extra.

Beast 16 or 14 heel base plate/brake lever assemblies. Get them now to future proof yourself for different ski widths.
1no. pairs of 90mm bronze Beast heel base plate/brake lever assembly - £50.00 per pair
3no. pairs of 135mm bronze Beast heel base plate/brake lever assembly - £50.00 per pair
1no. pairs of 135mm gold Beast heel base plate/brake lever assembly - £50.00 per pair

Beast 16 complete heels. Identical to a Beast 14 heel but with a 6-16 din so can be used as a Beast 14 substitute unless you run at 5 din. Get them now to future proof yourself for different ski widths.
2no. pairs gold 135mm - £120.00 per pair
1no. single gold 135mm with missing high riser - £40.00

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 14-04-17 22:14; edited 10 times in total
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump. Especially the Beast bases/brakes & complete heels as with the binding now discontinued & the factory out of 90mm & 135mm bases/brakes this is an opportunity for Beast owners to future proof their bindings for different ski widths.
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bump for stock update.
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
John,

Do you know why they're discontinuing the Beast bindings?

Any idea what the replacement might be?
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fr0sty wrote:
John,
Do you know why they're discontinuing the Beast bindings?
Any idea what the replacement might be?

I've spoken at length to Dynafit re this. In no particular order:

- Whilst UK and USA Beast sales have been strong, the freeride touring market is only a small proportion of Dynafits sales. Dynafits main market is the European weight weenies. They've got four new models for next season & IIRC the heaviest of them is under 400g so that tells you something.
- Customer resistence to fit the Power Insert in their boots. I've had this quite a few times when no amount of explaining could convince them that it's no issue.
- Market requirement for a flat tour mode. The fact that the Beast has the lowest delta angle by far of any tech binding which removes the need for a flat mode in the majority of (freeride touring) circumstances is lost on many potential users.
- Extended performance/wear testing has proved that for the vast majority of users that the Radical 2 FT will do everything that Beast does & it has a flat tour mode. So the Radical 2 FT is the replacement.

I'm a huge fan of the Beast bindings. They are by far the most consistent/accurately releasing binding I've ever tested by a large margin - that's all bindings, not just tech bindings! The toe of the Beast 16, whilst being an innovative design proved to be over complicated, a bit too heavy, prone to icing & unless regularly lubricated occasionally prone to breakage. Actually the initial toe design was super reliable but Dynafit added the 'closure indicator' to cater for boots with out of spec toe inserts & it was that which caused the problens. The Beast 14 with its simpler toe (as shared with the Rad 2) is simply superb & I'm very disappointed that it's going. I've got two pairs mounted up & I've stashed another pair plus some 90mm & 135 mm heel bases for the future Cool
snow report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks.

Yes, the power insert took me all of 30 seconds to apply - on both boots.

Next years offerings will be interesting given how many brands are now pushing their own lightweight tech versions.
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stock updated.
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@spyderjon, how much are spare toe pieces for the 14 / Rad 2 as a rule?
snow conditions     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

The toe of the Beast 16, whilst being an innovative design proved to be over complicated, a bit too heavy, prone to icing & unless regularly lubricated occasionally prone to breakage.

Never had any issues with my original green pair. Got another pair left on my shelf ready for when mine have given up, think its going to be a while yet. Looking pretty tatty now but I lube them and don't get icing up issues, never thought of them as heavy either, rock solid and quality kit. I'm an occasional slider uphill but my thing is down not up, I guess if you're the other way round a 14 might be better, I'm happy though. Much lighter than the Dukes I had previously.
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
beenative wrote:
@spyderjon, how much are spare toe pieces for the 14 / Rad 2 as a rule?

beenative, sorry for the delay in responding but I didn't see your question.

The list price for a single Rad 2/Beast 14 toe is £110.00.
snow conditions     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy