Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling with Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know this has been discussed lots .... But Just looking at Easyjet luggage for a summer holiday trip .....
Noticed this ....

Hold luggage allowance
Maximum total size (length + width + height) = under 275cm
Each customer including children and infants can buy up to three hold bags. A standard hold bag is 20kg. You can buy extra weight in 3kg units, up to a maximum of 32kg per bag.

So does that mean that my ski bag 190cm + 30cm + 40cm fits the definition of normal hold luggage ?
Is this a change ?
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Something similar was discussed with Norwegian air recently. I think the concensus was that if it looks like a ski bag they will sting you for sports equipment. One or two brave people tagged their own baggage and took it to oversize luggage. Personally, ski carriage is already a minefield so I'd pay for ski carriage.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PBJ, That's been the rule for years, I've had the discussion with Easyjet and they don't follow their own sizing policy if its sports equipment. On one flight I checked in a (rolled, vac packed!) mattress with c.275cm dimensions for free (I was on a baggage-inclusive fare) but had to pay for skis of smaller total dimensions.

As I told them, next time I'm taking a 255cm length of 2x4...
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The must be a market for a ski bag made to look like a wooden crate
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just a warning to put something round the bag that shows its yours ..i had mine picked up by mistake in Geneva once
Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy