Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blizzard Cochise 185cm. My cock-up = your bargain. SOLD

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So a couple of weeks ago I was unpacking Arno's brand new 16/17 Blizzard Cochise 185cm skis to be mounted with Quiver Killer inserts for Beast 16 bindings for his 301mm boots. Added 1mm for the Power Insert in the boot = 302mm jig length setting. Completed the work ticket & put the skis in the queue to be done.

Turns out that I'd written 320mm on my work ticket & not 302mm! rolling eyes Embarassed

So I have a pair of superb brand new unused 16/17 Cochise 185cm skis mounted with inserts for a 320mm bsl Beast 16 going for the bargain price of £299.

Can do a pair of Beast 16's at mate's rates to go with them (the inserts will suit a bsl of 310-330mm) or I've got a wide range of alpine or freeride touring binding options that will work around the inserts.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 7-04-17 16:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice versatile ski but surely Shome misteak as it doesn't seem to be a DPS which is what Arno would ordinarily order.
ski holidays     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do the 16's have the same mounting points as the Beast 14's?
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Nice versatile ski but surely Shome misteak as it doesn't seem to be a DPS which is what Arno would ordinarily order.

I can confirm they were his. If my BSL was longer I'd buy them just to troll him Toofy Grin

spyderjon, all this was worth it just to see Arno negotiating the worst crust I have ever skied, on a pair of noodles! (hint: downhill kick turns)

EDIT: here he is (in the background):

snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beenative wrote:
Do the 16's have the same mounting points as the Beast 14's?

Yes & no.

The heels are the same but the toes are different. However the 14's toe locations drop perfectly within that of the 16's without conflict. In fact my own skis were originally mounted with inserts for 16's but I now skis them with 14 toes for which I just installed a few more inserts. The fore/aft positioning & binding length is identical for both toe models so if I swapped toe models the heel requires no length adjustment & the boot centre line is in the same place for both.

If you're interested in them then you can either conventionally mount the 14 toes or add inserts for them.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@horizon, I saw that pic on your TR & must confess to a little snigger Toofy Grin.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @spyderjon, I'll admit I got a little bit excited but then realised it wasn't the concise's I was after. Sorry! But thanks for the info on the toe pieces etc...Be a lovely ski for someone Smile
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@spyderjon, too long for me , but if you can manage to cock up a pair of brahma's ill have em Happy
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@spyderjon, Please stop pressuring me to buy these. Every time I look on SnowHeads its the same - 'buy these skis', 'what a great deal', 'don't miss out' etc etc.

I Do Not Need New Skis. Embarassed
snow report     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Tom Doc, Remember the rule.
Number of skis required is N+1 where N is the number of skis you already own.
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SOLD
ski holidays     

Derived from phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group & 2004-2013 snowHeads.com Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy