Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Public transport between Megeve and Les Contamines

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you're based in Megeve and want to ski in Les Contamines for a day, is there an easy way to get there without a car or expensive taxi?

The best way that I can see is to ski over Mont d'Arbois to St-Gervais, then take a (public) bus to Les Contamines. But the bus times mean you wouldn't get to the Les Contamines til nearly 11am, and the last bus back to St-Gervais is just after 3pm, in order to get back across Mont d'Arbois to Megeve comfortably before the lifts close. And could you even take skis on the public bus?

It's cheap, and doable, but only gives 4 hours skiing at Les Contamines (and less if you want to have lunch!). Is there a better way, like a shuttle bus operated by the ski resort? Seeing as they're on the same lift pass it seems surprising that there's not a better link.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There was a thread on this subject a few months back, I think that we got it down from a 90 euro taxi to a 3 euro bus
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonny996, thanks, I've seen that thread. That's the bus I mentioned above. But the timings aren't great because you have to ski to St-Gervais first (and at the end of the day), which means you can't use the earliest or latest buses.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@denfinella, I am assuming this is for next few weeks, if so buy looks of webcams you will be better taking bubble down to better then gondola down to StG.
I am out on 8th and I am still hopeing that Les C has some skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy