Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New boot advice - narrow feet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going ski boot buying this weekend and it's over 20 years since I've owned a pair (I mostly board these days).

What brands are more suited to narrow feet? This is just to give me some research info, before going into shops.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bar shaker, All brands make a range of widths.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and perhaps more importantly, @bar shaker, different shapes of last.

I believe I have a wide forefoot compared to my ankles and overall volume. So I need a relatively low volume, overall narrow boot that then gets punched out as required.

Where are you going boot buying? It's not a great time of the season to do so...(limited stocks, etc.)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bar shaker, every brand makes a lower volume, narrow boot, it is all very dependent on foot shape and drilling down a little more the shape/volume of the rear foot/mid foot region of the foot, even something that seems too narrow (not a general problem for someone with a narrow foot) can be made wider, so forefoot width is the very last thing we consider in the fitting process but we must control the heel and ankle to give stability to the foot during skiing.

@under a new name is right, for a slim foot this is not the best time to be buying, unless you want a race boot (no idea what level of skier you are) but the new seasons race boots will be in stock within the next month, the more general performance and recreational boots we have available from july/august time
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have fairly narrow ankles so both my piste and off piste boots are based on a 98mm last, and as CEM says, it's fairly easy to tweek the forefoot area.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I called into EB in Covent Garden for a look around and came out with a pair of Atomic Hawk 110s.

I tried on a few pairs, but Hawks were the best starting point. A very knowledgable Scandinavian lady (Lenka) helped me chose, mounded the shells to suit my left ankle bone, made me some Surefoot beds and I left a very happy chap.

They get their first run this morning. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It would be interesting to hear some review from you about the boots, when you have used them for few days.

I was in Austria few weeks ago and wanted to replace my old salomon falcon 110 and all the salesmen I talked to wanted to sell me atomic hawx ultra 110 or 130. But I wanted redster pro 120, salomon xmax 120 or head raptor 120, so I didn't buy anything. This atomic hawx ultra is supposed to be the best fitting for narrow ankle while salomon is for wider feets.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@atomicsl11, I wore them all day Saturday and Sunday and loved them. Great control, good flex stiffness and they were nearly as comfy as my snowboard boots!!

I cannot rate these boots highly enough, they are exactly what I wanted.

Please excuse my description error above, they are the Hawx Ultra 110s.

Even the guy in Val d' who fitted my bindings to them was in raptures over them.

Recommended.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kooky, just bought Atomic Hawx Ultra's in 110 this weason, fantastic boots, no complaints.

Salomon also do a range of widths as well has having the heat mouldabe shells on some ranges. I have the Quest Max 130s for my off piste boot and that is based on a 98mm last, quite similar to my Atomic Redsters but more upright and a fair bit softer.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Narrow boots would cause blisters so eithier get those protected or go for wider shoes.
Also make sure that you wear some good insoles that have some heel grip to stabilzie your ankle and stop your feet moving around. These are pretty good at doing this ->>>http://shoewawa.com/product/footreviver-arch-support-insoles/

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 1-06-17 11:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@takingtheski,
Quote:

Narrow boots would cause blisters

Why? Over large boots more likely to cause blisters...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy