Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Apple Watch/iPhone ski apps?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know there are probably loads out there, anyone got a recommended one?

Not really arsed about "how fast can we ski" but interested in just tracking a ski day.

I'll have a Garmin that will do this and auto pause on chairlifts etc, so was hoping something similiar might be available for the watch/phone combo?

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only used Ski Tracks but was happy with what it does.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kitenski, what Garmin one do you use? Just got a Garmin watch and was wondering about tracking skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kitenski, have a look at MapOut, not specifically a ski app plus you have to pay for it, but I've found it very handy in many situations.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kitenski, I've been using Ski Tracks for a few years now, I like it. You can overlay your route onto Google Maps for a different perspective on your day. It does use a lot of battery though - I have to turn data, wi-fi and Bluetooth when I'm out. I also like the fact you can view your stats by season ...

My mate used Strava in Zermatt last week - output was completely ridiculous but the route was mapped correctly. If you cycle you may have come across an interface called Relive - it basically uploads your Strava route onto a fancy moving map (like the ones used for the Tour de France coverage). Viewing your ski / board day in this format is awesome.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, any Garmin with a barometer will have skiing as an activity which auto pauses on chairlifts and is pretty cool!

@franga, I'd forgotten about relive thanks!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

@kitenski, I've been using Ski Tracks for a few years now, I like it. You can overlay your route onto Google Maps for a different perspective on your day. It does use a lot of battery though - I have to turn data, wi-fi and Bluetooth when I'm out. I also like the fact you can view your stats by season ...

I use ski tracks. I can run it all day and use my phone (iphone 6s) normally (quite a lot of photos, some video, a bit of internet/facebook/email etc) without turning anything off or running out of battery. IME it uses a hell of a lot less battery than apps like map my ride/walk etc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same, it doesn't need data or wifi, or Bluetooth to work

Only annoying thing is mine doesn't seem to save previous seasons, I have an account but every year (when I inevitably have a new phone because I broke the previous one) I only see the present season and I'd like to see the difference in distance and days
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@moseyp, weird. I also have an account and all my tracks are sync'd with them so when I changed my phone and logged in I got all my previous season's data back.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
moseyp wrote:
Same, it doesn't need data or wifi, or Bluetooth to work

Only annoying thing is mine doesn't seem to save previous seasons, I have an account but every year (when I inevitably have a new phone because I broke the previous one) I only see the present season and I'd like to see the difference in distance and days

Email the app designers moseyp - they are very friendly, they should be able to sort it out for you.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@franga, thanks I didn't think of that but I'll give it a go - I would like to see how each winter measures against the last. Probably less and less km!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've used Slopes and found it to be good.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/slopes-skiing-snowboarding-gps-tracker/id643351983?mt=8
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy