Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Qst Pro boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Considering buying a Salomon Qst Pro 100 or 120 ski boot.

Advanced skier, currently using a Salomon X-Wave 8.0, have wide feet and the 106mm last option on Salomon is appealing, as well as the light weight, aim to take them to BC, etc.

Has anyone used them, any advise? I am more inclined for the 100 then the 120 but reading some comments that although they are quoted as very stiff in fact they are not. I normally ski pistes most of the time, have a 69 mm waist ski, intending to go for a 84 mm one for the new season this year, aiming to try out more on off-piste (and who knows may be touring at some stage).

Would appreciate views/experience.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the actual last is 100 -- the 106 comes by heat moulding

(someone with better knowledge than me will be along shortly...!)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks albob. It is indeed 100 but heat moldable to 106, no worries on that but given that this is what s called a hybrid model I was just wondering how should I pitch for the stiffness. User reports are positive about the boot but somewhat mixed messages on whether this boot is stiff at 120 or too soft at 100. Certainly there would be a personal taste in the replies but still would be nice to hear about that.

I also may collect remarks on the size; the Salomon I am using is 26.5 but there is a good deal on a 27, which is tempting. Would it be really a no-no to go ½ size up? Although I had been happily using my boots for some time, this year first time felt cramped in it and could not ski one afternoon. Maybe I am creating an excuse to strike the deal Madeye-Smiley ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@uysalt, i have the 120 and am165cm and 70kg and have no problem flexing them , on the size , i have a 25.5 which are the same as 25 , so i would imagine the 26.5 being the same as a 26 , and therefore i would hesitate to go bigger as there is plenty of room in the last already , and when the liner packs down you'll have issues ?? don't compromise fit for a few quid , especially when thinking of touring as you will pay the price else where in loose boots snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Dabber, great feedback. I am 181cm and 85kg, so that is very encouraging. What is your skiing level?

Any other feedback on the boot? Hope you have enjoyed it and finally would you recommend them?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@uysalt, my skiing level is different everyday Toofy Grin but a i suppose advanced off piste would be fair Laughing
as regards feedback , I've now done three weeks in my boots , including three day tours , full on steep off piste days and also just honing about on the piste , i bought them as a replacement for my old quest pro130 boots which were a different animal , great fit but a bit of a compromise boot for my needs , the new pro 120 is just perfect for my short wide high arched hobbit like feet and were really comfortable right from the off . the new endorphin tongue is a revelation when it comes to getting in and out of the boots and also means no added pressure to top of foot , uphill performance is great with enough movement when in walk mode and plenty of movement with buckles undone for skining up . the downhill performance is almost as good as my old solomon alpine boots , and once you have the buckles adjusted right i have found no need to ratchet them up during the day even after a full day in the backcountry .
so i would have no hesitation to recommend them as long as you have them fitted correctly by a good boot fitter
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@uysalt, the other benefit is the ability to swop the soles from wtr to low tech , but the spare soles do cost around £80
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks again Dabber snowHead

I also have short(er) foot with near 110mm width (arch not that bad), so my expectations about being comfy in this boot looks to be real.

I will stay on the size, thanks to your comments, but must admit that I may be tempted with good offers on 100. Surfing the net I found one at €155 ...ridiculous price !

Finally, it feels like you are being humble about your level with those pro130 boots wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks again Dabber snowHead

I also have short(er) foot with near 110mm width (arch not that bad), so my expectations about being comfy in this boot looks to be real.

I will stay on the size, thanks to your comments, but must admit that I may be tempted with good offers on 100. Surfing the net I found one at €155 ...ridiculous price !

Finally, it feels like you are being humble about your level with those pro130 boots wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@uysalt, its only a number wink the 130 were no stiffer than a pair of 110 alpine boots i used to ski

155 euro is a great deal , not sure what difference there is between the 100 and 120 , boot flex vary so much across brands and models Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Probably a too good be true one, so I will skip that but anyway, I've got the idea, many thanks again.

This year new boot and new skis (Volkl Kanjo - 2018 model Madeye-Smiley ), hope they will be some remedy to my, let's call it - 'there is room for improvement', off-pist performance Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm selling an almost new (bought at end of last season) pair of Salomon Quest Pro in 26.5, 110 stiffness. A great boot, but I usually ski a very stiff piste boot and I found them a little soft for my taste when off piste with fat skis but extremely comfy. No heat moulding on either liner or shell, used for 6 partial days (I then bought the Quest Max 130s).

Will sell for £150

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2973577&highlight=salomon#2973577

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 8-04-17 7:43; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@uysalt, Just spotted this (a bit late).

I had X-Wave 8’s which I was happy with but they were a bit old and I’d managed to fold the overlaps wrong on one foot so they started digging into my shin which was a pain so I visited Colin at Solutions4Feet. After the usual fact find on my ability and intentions and a good look and measure of my feet he recommended Quest Pro 120s and they have been great.

A new footbed went in and the shells were heat formed with a bit of extra space over one big toe that has a bump and that was it.

I put them on and clip them up, walk to first lift, tighten them properly and leave them like that until I have finished skiing – could be 8 hours later.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy