Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powder chasing from Munich next week (March 28). Where to??!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last opportunity to go this winter! Given current snow/weather and next week's forecasts (more sun and warmer), where do people on the ground would recommend? Also, would love to meet up, even for a day, for fun/safety/cost sharing reasons (fuel? guide? accommodation, etc.). nothing booked yet, just flights for me and my board! Thinking of one the glaciers in Tirol, but I'd prefer non-glacier places like Obergurgl/St Anton, are they still solid? Or is it worth driving to Switzerland/Italy (5-6h max I suppose...)? I'm landing Tuesday AM (March 2Cool and looking for fun stuff for 2 days. about me: I'm an advanced boarder, mainly into offpiste/sidepiste/powder...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Cedrick, things are actually holding up OK. E.g Kitzbühel is still reporting >100cm on top and 50 in the valley, which is fine. 50 of 58 lifts open. Powder might be a bit more difficult to find. Probably only in St.Anton (maybe) or on the glaciers.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Andermatt.

It got 80-100cm of powda just today and has a huge base up top.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Whitegold, could drive all the way to there, but wondering if I wont be too late for that good snow...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Cedrick, I'm currently in soll, skied over to kitzbuhel yesterday and it's green beside the runs below the tops. The snow depths reported are not realistic and the webcams show it better.

Very soft and slushy after 9.30 am. Currently 7deg and reaching 19deg by lunchtime. If you don't mind slush the pistes are getting very thin but holding up well. I'd look for something over 2000m if I was going next week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Utah?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@captainslow, I was in Garmish last Friday. Valley runs were all open and snow conditions everywhere were soft but good. I think Kitz is probably in a similar condition, but as I said, if @Cedrick, is looking for powder he might be restricted to the glaciers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I probably should stop dreaming about powder for this short trip and rule out switzerland...Issue is I have to be in Nuremberg thursday night for a family commitment. Munich->Andermatt->Nuremberg=c.12hrs drive for just 2 days of skiing...not sure if its worth it. Demon inside me could make it happen but...More thinking of Arlberg for a good all round trip...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Cedrick, you should stop dreaming about powder for this season Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
aha, yes true that! in fact, we are late March already...fingers crossed for more snow events very soon!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@Cedrick, you should stop dreaming about powder for this season Sad

There's always hope:

a 1st of June

and a 5th of July

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@davidof, Where was that 1st June photo taken? Looks like a great pitch!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy