Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Upset tummies Tignes & 3 Vallees

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
No stomach problems (always careful to use hand sanitizer) but I'm still suffering from a nasty cough I picked up in Tignes over 3 weeks ago, I'm minded to stick to chairlifts rather than gondolas next time
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wonder if this is being unfairly attributed to hygeine. When any large population of people come together from disparate locations, they bring infections to which they are resistant, but others are not.

Freshers flu at university is the classic one - a bunch of students from all over the world bring their local varieties of coughs, colds and stomach bugs. Your immune system probably hasn't seen a recent strain of a particular bug from Singapore or Madrid, and you get sick. People from other geographies experience the same with your microbial flora.

Holiday resorts are an extreme case study in this - highly transient, highly diverse population, close contact (sometimes very close...) and no time for immunity to develop. The surprising thing isn't the number of people who get ill, it's that there are any who don't!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On the rocks wrote:
No stomach problems (always careful to use hand sanitizer) but I'm still suffering from a nasty cough I picked up in Tignes over 3 weeks ago, I'm minded to stick to chairlifts rather than gondolas next time

In the 12 years we have lived out here, we have not been afflicted (touch wood), but in 1999 I was pretty ropey in the bottom Gondola at Verbier. On the plus side I learned to say "Jesus, who farted?" in 7 languages.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

...ropey in the bottom Gondola...

There's a euphemism to conjure with...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's the smell in the first cable car up to Les Grands Montets that gets to me combining, as it always does, farts, garlic, alcohol and tobacco. spoo spoo
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hurtle, There's a new gondola around the corner from the GM cable car now. I've never suffered from ropiness in the bottom in that gondola.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am glad I have read this so thanks for posting, but it has made me more confused than I was before! I have been considering booking a Serre Chevalier hotel next year which makes mention on its website that the local area is susceptible to such outbreaks and some (by no means all) reviews of the property confirm this in fairly graphic terms. It was worrying me to the verge of not booking, but then this and other threads suggest that the bug/ virus/ however you describe it is happening or happens in numerous places. My question is: are certain resorts reputed to be worse for 'it' and more selfishly is Serre Chevalier???
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@toyah807, I've done 4 weeks in Serre Chevalier, 3 of them on Snowheads bashes staying in a hotel and the other staying in an apartment with friends. Always staying in Monetier, though eating at various on mountain restaurants across the domain too. I haven't known anyone to be affected and haven't heard anything elsewhere about Serre Chevalier having such a problem. Sounds like a problem with that specific hotel.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ive stayed in serre che 5 weeks in last 7 years never heard this - think Id be very tempted to stay well clear of that hotel
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've been staying in Serre Chevalier since 2002. I am there for 5 weeks every winter. None of us have ever had a problem. We've stayed in hotels, self-catered apartments ate in mountain and village restaurants. Please PM me the name of the hotel and I will look into it for you.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Very surpised a hotel's own website would mention this. Can't be good for business. Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all of the objective Serre Chevalier updates. It seems that I may be being over cautious and the line on the hotel website is common sense advice rather than designed to panic anyone! Clearly many hundreds of people will have passed through their doors over the years without issue or forums like this or TA would be awash with comments, or they would be out of business. I feel a bit more reassured, and very much tempted by the deal on offer as I have always wanted to visit the resort.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Toyah Resort is great. Out of French holidays quiet on piste few if any queues albeit a few slow lifts dotted around. Good value mountain restaurants compared to other large French resorts.. Great slopes for a range of skiers. Highly recommend. Helen will no doubt say the same thing but she's lucky enough to have a place there. Ski Miguel have a reasonable chalet hotel there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy