Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil - Avoriaz, Chantel, Morgins, Les Crosets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

Off to Avoriaz next week with a load of beginners, they are having a 3 hour ski lesson, if I leave them in Avoriaz will I be able to make it to Les Crosets, Morgins and Chantel and back in 3 hour skiing?? anyone help?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How fast are you?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haha an intermediate skier!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Haha an intermediate skier!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, if you know the shortest route and don't hang about.

From the bottom of Avoriaz take Tour chair, down to the French Mossettes lift, ski to Les Crosets, Swiss Mosettes lift, down to Col du Portes du Soleil, drop into Morgins via Tovassiere (long boring road), cross Morgins and take chair, ski to the drag to top of Chalet Neuf, from there down to Super Chatel. Pause for breath.

Take the two new lifts to Linga via Vonnes. Down to Linga gondola followed by Echo Alpin chair. Itineraire piste all the way to the top of Pre La Joux chair then down the road to Plaine Dranse, Rochassons chair, ski down to Lindarets, lift up to the ridge and ski down to where you started.

Roughly 20 lifts or runs (mostly lifts!) so at 9 minutes for each and no stopping you should just about make it. I always calculate timings on 10 mins per uplift or run and that is slightly conservative for our usual group. It is always faster if you are solo.

Bonne chance!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, we're heading to Avoriaz today and it looks like the chair (Chaud Fleurie?) from Les Lindarets towards Chatel is closed? Can anyone confirm if it's closed and why... Lack of snow? If it is, is there an alternative route over to Chatel from Avoriaz? We are snowboarding.

Thanks, Paul.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@liam6913, best check the links before you go for it on your mission.

Looks like Chatel-Morgins is closed and if Chaux Fleurie is not running as @Paul_Shanks, reports it is probably because the piste down to Lindarets from the top of Rochassons is not fit to ski.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Paul_Shanks, Chaux Fleurie and other link lifts were closed earlier today due to high winds. They all opened by lunchtime. I skiied both Swiss sector and cater today. Overall a good days skiing if a little slushy in places

Edit for cater read Chatel: embarrassing typo face Toofy Grin

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 25-03-17 21:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Phew! Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@liam6913, Chatel/Morgins link shut so you are foiled. I recommend a couple of laps of Coupe du Monde instead.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I concur @DJL,
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy