Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

El Tarter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was in El Tarter, Grandvalira last week (12-19). It was my first time in Andorra (I got some helpful advice from snowheads here: First trip to Andorra).

We were in Chalet Casale with Neilson. If you're ever there, or next door in Motxo, make sure to get a locker by the El Tarter chair. It's a steep walk back up the hill after a day on the slopes. Typical spring snow conditions with sunny weather almost all the time. There were quite a few very red faces by the end of the week.
We had a great experience with the Nielson Mountain Experts. We were there as a couple but it was nice to ski in a group, it pushed us a bit more and there was even a bit of instruction.

The resort itself was quiet, which suits me. We did find a nice restaurant with a cocktail bar (Quina Barra) when the chalet staff had the night off.

Normally we've been to the French Alps and were slightly apprehensive about trying somewhere new. But this was as good as anywhere and we'd happily go back, especially since everything seem a bit cheaper than France.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the nice report! Yes, El Tarter is pretty quiet, but it's certainly one of the nicer-looking purpose-built parts of Andorra. Paradoxically, the Abarset DJ bar by the main carpark that serves the gondola is one of the best bits of apres-ski atmosphere in the Pyrenees, though! (Thurs-Sat)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy