Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Leysin, Villars or Champery tomorrow afternoon?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'll be arriving in Aigle tomorrow around midday on the train and would like to maximise my time on the slopes! Leysin (via cute mountain train) and Villars (by bus) are both very close and I could be on a lift by 1pm. Does anyone have any preferences? I like the idea of the train to sunny Leysin but wondered if the south facing slopes would be suffering after the recent warm weather. I think they may both have had a few cm overnight. Another thing to consider is that I will hopefully have two boards with me and so I would need a full size locker near to the lift/station.

Last year on a similar trip I went to Champery with the obvious benefit of access to the PdS. However train times mean I wouldn't realistically be on the slopes until mid afternoon so it's very much a third choice option unless I've overlooked something with the other two.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@leggyblonde, not sure this helps but at new year we accessed Villars from Bex (next train station along the valley from Aigle). The cog train from Bex to Villars took approx 40 mins and departs right next to the main train station....super easy.

Bex is about 10 mins further down the line mainline from Geneva.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Leysin was always our favourite spot other than Verbier when we lived down the road in Lausanne. We only did the cog train once, and you should get off on the next to last stop. There's a bus then straight to the lifts, rather than a walk from the train station. We were none the wiser when almost everyone got off, and ended up having to do the walk.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rhoobarb, thanks for the advice!

@newrealm22, I'll look into that but I don't think it would be any quicker than the direct bus from Aigle
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy