Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania alternatives

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning - sitting here in snowy Coventry pondering New Year trip. As a family of four have been to La Tania for the last three years and loved it, the size, lack of cars, links to three valleys etc. are all great. But, time for a change... Has anyone any recommendations? It will be the week after Christmas so snow may be a concern.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a family we love Les Arcs and La Plagne. We been to both at the Christmas when the snow was bad and still had really good holidays. Arc 1800 was nicer than Arc 2000. We've stayed in Plagne Centre three times and Plagne 1800 once. Would go for Plagne Centre early in the season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I love La Tania too. Suggest Tignes le Lac for a good chance of snow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@paulheywood, why change if you like it?

I'd suggest Vallandry - small village like La Tania and similarly links to huge ski area. Have been at Xmas several times and not had an issue with lack of snow, have had poor years but always a run down open.

Will be our 15th year here!!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@paulheywood, Les Coches. Lot of similarities with La Tania. Or Oz-en-Oisan.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
+1 for Oz en Oisans... Limited on decent bars (I know La Tania only has a couple), but in Oz we only found 1 that you'd call an actual bar... However, access to the region and the fact the village is traffic free, makes this place a def option for you, If you love La Tania...

Only had 1 experience of Les Coches and it wasn't a good one (but that was largely due to the lack of snow down there) If you want that region Id suggest Belle Plagne... Again, car free little village, and a great vibe, with excellent access to the while area...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all, I'll check them out
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wengen.
Lech.
Les Gets.
Serre Chevalier.
Vaujany.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for Arc 1800.La Plagne is lovely but gets too crowded.Consider Chantemerle in the Serre Chevalier.Would also consider Tignes Val Claret.If you are a 3 valleys fan and love mileage then Tignes and Les Arcs will tick your boxes as well as being ski in ski out.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@paulheywood,
Dolomites. Somewhere on or near Sella Ronda circuit. Arabba, Selva, Corvara for example.
Snow making and piste management so good. Been to La Tania twice this season and love it but whole Sella Ronda experience way better IMO.
snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd honestly try another country!! So many good resorts now, we did La Tania for many a year when your kids were young, then switched to Stuben and had an equally good time!! So Ischgl or the Arlberg in Austria would be my two recommendations, high for Austria with a good snow record.

Dolomoites a good shout but could be strips of artificial snow surrounded by green fields early season....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy