Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rag n Bone Man

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Rock the piste has the multi award winning Rag n Bone Man playing free in Avoriaz on Thursday afternoon.
We have a bit of a dilemna as it is a great opportunity for 2 of our sons (15 & 16) to see him play on their doorstep.
The 17 yr old has his Bac coming up, and is way too honest to bunk off to go to the gig so wanted no part of this.
The younger 2 do not have big exams this year, and it would be easy to call the school to say that had a 24 hour stomach bug thing.
On the one hand we'd like them to go, but on the other we do not want to set an example that its okay to be openly dishonest, or to bunk off, as this goes against the grain of what we have been trying to teach them for the last 16 years.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to play tis ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Go to the gig, life is too short. I wouldn't tell you or the kids to lie as its too easy to get caught out on social media. Mrs BB works in a school and facebook is her first port of call if kids are absent from school.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tell the school they will be absent because you must attend a family gathering. Then go and have fun. Make sure the kids catch up with anything they missed by the weekend. Don't tell blatant lies...just massage the truth until it fits. Toofy Grin

You know what they say about all work and no play.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@WindOfChange,
1. Definitely don't lie about it.
2. Personally I'd say don't go. He may be good, but I'm not sure R&B Man is quite that unmissable. There will be plenty more opportunities to see him and a million other gigs to go to.
3. As you say, .... 'this goes against the grain of what we have been trying to teach them for the last 16 years'
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GO! Sometimes you have to go and break the bloody rules and take your kids and have fun. Seize the day - you never know what is around the corner.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I should think that the school would have to be pretty thick not to spot a lie on that one. Presumably they are going to be aware that Rock the Piste is going on and presumably will be anticipating an uptick in the level of '24 hour bugs'.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy