Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fabella Syndrome (knee pain)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all

for many many many years I have had a pain at the back of my left knee if I run more than 5 Km (right knee is fine).

As I want to up my triathlon distance I thought I would go and see a doc..............who in turn sent me for an X Ray.

The Radiologist took a few minutes to go through it with me, and said "Oh, you have a Fabella, they are pretty rare, but nothing to worry about"

So when I got home I consulted "Dr Google" Toofy Grin which goes on to describe Fabella Syndrome, and the symptoms are identical to what I have.

So my quaetion is, has anyone else heard of it / got one / had the fecker removed?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I misread your post title and thought you should probably have contacted an equine vet instead.

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What is it in simple English? I took a look on one of the websites but it was all doctor speak.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The above is a picture of a sore throat wink wink wink wink

As for me, It is an excruciating pain that can last for 24 hours at the back of the leg when I have gone for a long run
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If its anything like what i have when running or cycling which results in progressively worse pain to the outside of my knee then it is cause by instability of the ITB as it rubs over a piece of a bone, although some people disagree with the cause the cure is the same. Strengthen your hips and glutes. Buy a theraband and do sideways legs rises, hip thrusts and clam shells. you can find them online.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went to see the chief honcho in my local hospital yesterday.

After stripping off to my smalls (which I thought was a bit strange as I was still in the car park rolling eyes ) and a thorough examination, she thinks it might be down to having a no arch on my left (offending) foot, this in turn is putting my knee out of alignment.

She is booking me in for an MRI to make sure no "shrapnel" is floating around and also a podiatrist to see if the arch could be the problem.

#fingerscrossed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@kiteman69,

I don't think the fabella causes trouble very often.

I think it would be a very rare diagnosis.

The fabella is a fairly common finding on xray.

Jonathan Bell
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy