Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ideas for next year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I have been trying to work out a cheap Alps ski holiday during half term.

This year i went to Montgenevre, tried to do it on a budget but it still cost over 3k for self catering studio with bunks for the kids in the hall/entrance after paying for the ski pass etc...

It was not overly relaxing as we had to get the kids to crèche and ski school and cooked most meals.

I think i could spend about 500 quid more, still driving, and stay in a catered chalet that would also help with the kids.

Anyone got any good suggestions or experience with a complete budget of about 4k for everything incl food travel hotels etc...

My eldest is 6 and is competent on red runs, the youngest will be in pou Pou club. Happy to drive to Austria too.

I am also researching it, so will share my results if i find any good deals.

Thanks,

Oli
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@olisav1, we have booked flights to Oslo for next half term,booked a hire car and are planning on booking accommodation in Salen, Sweden. Early indications is it will be ~£2500 for the family of 4 excluding food, drink and fuel.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, I will have a look at some piste maps.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The accomodation costs, ski school, lift passes I have been looking at the Skistar website
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@olisav1, I would expect Italy to be cheaper?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We know a couple who used to swear by Chamrousse, in France. A decent size ski area and free lift passes for the kids by all accounts.

Might be worth checking it out.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What travel, fly or drive?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what about Spain.Baquera , Formigal+panticosa or Cerler.generally a lot cheaper than the alps apart from the lift pass at baqueira
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
try and look at less well known resorts.snow at half term should be ok in most places.As before Spain would be a start but also french pyrenees,madesimo in italy and there are some resorts in the italian alps nearer genoa e.g. Prato Nevoso.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You went to France on a budget? Try Italy or Austria next season.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Been back and for to Altenmarkt in Austria for best part of 20 years. Kids learned to ski there from 3 years of age and they are 20's now! Good sized town with plenty of accomodation to suit budget. I took family there over New Year and stayed half way up mountain in' Bliembauer' and paid 1300 Euros for week in fab three bedroom apartment. It's cheaper half term as they dont put prices up. We have driven for last 15 years, stay overnight in Metz on way to break it up. Altenmarkt now has a large leisure center and pool and is only 15 mins away from Schladming, 10 mins from Zauchenese and Wagrain and 5 mins from Flauchau. However still great fun skiing in Radstadt/Altenmarkt and if you stay in Bliembauer or the higher Hochnossler then you are ski in and out!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy