Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short turn, short turn, short turn, CAAAAAAAAAARVE....what's reasonable? A New Rule?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle wrote:
@tangowaggon, I have to protest that, whatever his views on the wearing of sunnies with a helmet, @under a new name is not a pointless knobber. Laughing
Happy Birthday!

Yea, sorry, it was really just a general stab at the fashion obsessed NehNeh
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hurtle, very nice of you to say that Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Without a clear definition of 'pointless knobber' I'm on the fence.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tangowaggon, @under a new name, @swiftoid, ...ok you lot...

I hereby declare this thread well and truly highjacked ...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swiftoid, I took a guess! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have to say UANN may be a pointless knobber but his sartorial knowledge of the goggs v sunnies conundrum is spot on.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
I have to say UANN may be a pointless knobber...

How can you say that when we don't even have a definition yet? Shocked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowheads does Benny Hill?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/8pQAWOCofXo
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
I have to say UANN may be a pointless knobber but his sartorial knowledge of the goggs v sunnies conundrum is spot on.
He isn't and it isn't. Btw, I find that a goggle tan in town is a sartorial fail, which is just one of several reasons I prefer to wear sunglasses whenever possible on the hill.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For traffic to work in an efficient manner someone needs to have a priority. In skiing it's a downhill skier. Your suggested change takes this priority away. Maybe those "overtaking" can wait a little instead? Or are they too busy clocking mileage for their ski apps to give others consideration? Rules are fairly clear and sufficient as they are. Sadly not everyone follows them. Most collisions on slopes happen when skiers ski too close and too fast. If in the conditions you can't get separation that you need for your "style", slow down. It doesn't even matter what level the skier is. Having skills is not an excuse for lack of awareness.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@never summer, Frequently I think it's not so much a question of people failing to follow the rules but all too often not even knowing that they exist.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@foxtrotzulu, +1.

I bought some Bolle goggles last week - can be worn in low light and very strong sun - so very convenient. I di check peripheral vision - I thought it near perfect for me.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
never summer wrote:
For traffic to work in an efficient manner someone needs to have a priority. In skiing it's a downhill skier. Your suggested change takes this priority away. Maybe those "overtaking" can wait a little instead? Or are they too busy clocking mileage for their ski apps to give others consideration? Rules are fairly clear and sufficient as they are. Sadly not everyone follows them. Most collisions on slopes happen when skiers ski too close and too fast. If in the conditions you can't get separation that you need for your "style", slow down. It doesn't even matter what level the skier is. Having skills is not an excuse
for lack of awareness.

This is, of course, true, but even when you have absolute right of way, it is better to be prepared for someone else's stupidity and avoid a collision than be in a hospital bed preparing to sue the other guy.
There is only so much that can be done to stop people being stupid, if things are made idiot proof, then nature will just evolve a better idiot.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

maybe I'm just too much of a motorcyclist but I do find myself doing regular shoulder checks especially if changing position or at a junction. If said shoulder check reveals that I need to change position or speed then so be it. It feels like common sense.

Yes. I'm a cyclist and perhaps as a result I wouldn't make a big change of pattern when skiing without a quick shoulder check. Sometimes I'll even get eye contact with an uphill skier and point where I'm going. Obviously you can't do that if you are closing fast on skiers below you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy