Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Pascale Peisey v La Foret vallandry

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

After much deliberation we seem to narrowed down our search for next year to these two places.

I'm leaning towards La Foret, as it's ski in/out and has a bar/cafe, so although it's a quiet area at least we can get a few drinks after skiing.

Chalet peisey is on many sites, but I can only find 4 reviews for it. It's in peisey 10 mins walk to the bucket lifts, there is a mini bus, but for collections they seem pretty strict. So it sounds a bit our of the centre (10 mins walk) and probably very quiet. We have 18 in the group, so it would be sole use. So it would be bucket lift to Plan Peisey, then a lift up from there.

Here's the BIG thing, the prices are basically the same, but we can get buy 1 get 1 free lift passes at pascale for our group, which does make a big difference.

Has anyone stayed at either?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been to Foret (x2), and can recommend - the ski in/out is perfect start and end to day (you can get to it from just about anywhere above LA) and really good for meeting up with family (or even dropping off). As well as the bar/restaurant with terrace there is a big residents lounge area just inside all convenient slope side. The ski hire on site and ski room opening on to the terrace works well (esp with kids). I would say a really good choice for groups (though we were just 4).

The walk downhill to town (and then back) was fine (as you don't need/choose to visit a different ski hire shop!) for us - maybe would be a pain with lots of snow, but you only need to go out 1 night!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that Wildsmith - did you notice any apres (all be it low key) anywhere?

We're a group of 18 adults, luckily we all have our own skis.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
With 18 of you - you could easily create your own apres atmosphere on the terrace of Le Foret. If the sun is shining there is a fab panoramic view. Its also quite handy as its in the middle of Paradiski, so do right hand of piste map on day one left hand on day 2 and so on!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what @chocksaway said! The foret would be good for 18 (the bar is just about big enough and you can overflow into the hotel), but if some of you go stir crazy and need to embarrass yourselves(!) I'm not sure PV is the best place - you could walk a long way (eg toMont Blanc or FLying Squirrel) and arrivethinking not much has changed (bar, tv, a few people).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info, yes we can make our own atmosphere! It will be a bit different to nights in the Nedderhutte in Obergurgl though! But we all fancy this for a change.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stayed with a group of 8 adults and 10 kids in Chalet Pascale last year. The chalet was in a pretty quiet location but the bus service they hosts operated was flexible. We didn't use the buckets that much, preferring to go into town at the start of the ski school lessons and take it from there.

The sitting/lounge area in the chalet isn't really big enough to house 10 kids and the adults simultaneously, which led to a few cross words from time to time. There is a good sized veranda, but you need some nice weather to enjoy. The food was passable, I've had better. Having had the week there, I suspect I wouldn't go back (and in fact we're heading to Val D'Isere in 3 weeks time), although our group are great friends and we had a brilliant week.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for the replies, we've booked La Foret in Vallandry. Can't wait for next year now!! This is probably the earliest we've been booked for the following season, nice to have it all in hand.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy