Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Report- Chamonix pretty intense couple of days

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a couple of intense days with a mate and top mountaineer and guide Kristoffer Erickson.

My mate has done a fair amount of climbing with this guy and I fully expected to be pushed to the limit, and I was not disappointed.

First day was a bit of a warm up, with Kris sussing me out in preparation for a very big second day, nigh on ten hours and my av HR was 130 which sort of tells the story.

It all could have gone so wrong at the end of the day as we missed the last gondola but we had lady luck on our side.

More of the story and more pictures here.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, Very Happy Very Happy . Nice
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Weathercam, yep, that looks like Chamonix Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like you did the same route on day 1 as Mathieu took us on a couple of years ago. The snow cover is so thin this year; the hike up was snow covered and we didn't need crampons or a rope thanks to deep foot holes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NIce write up and photos
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam,
Good report.
How did you end up losing so much time on the 2nd day?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like a great trip and a fabulous welcome to Chamonix and the Mt Blanc Massive.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great report, on the list to do in a couple of years.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Mother hucker, not too sure as guide was not pushing us, it was only at the bottom of the one hour boot pack that he said things might be tight. My mate was also tired by then, and in fact I did say I could pass on the bootpack as the ski down what we skinned up looked great, and snow was in probably better condition that that we skied on the other side.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm starting the HR in 10 days. Has anyone heard any feedback on the conditions?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ronanh,
No but there is plenty of snow!
I imagine avalanche risk will mean plenty is off limits for now
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jedster wrote:
@ronanh,
No but there is plenty of snow!
I imagine avalanche risk will mean plenty is off limits for now

Thanks! Yes lots of options but will have to decide based on conditions. Is the monastery accessible do you know?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy